Hi All

I have a job offer in Dubai that consist of the following

25000AED monthly
Company Car and Petrol
Flights home per year for entire family
Medical Aid for entire family
Cellphone paid for
Internet paid for

My wife is a teacher and in the process of finding work.
I have a 4 year old daughter so school fees is important
Need to rent a 2 or 3 bedroom appartment.

Would this be enough as a basic salary

Thanks
Brandon

Take it man. You make me jealous...

My friend
based on the current rate and salary chart this is a super offer as a start

good luck

Thanks Gents, I travel to Dubai on business a lot so no what the general cost for things are but not sure about the utilities bills and so on.

i work in utility company for a 2 bedroom flat max bill will be around 500. 2 bedroom flat in ideal location will be aed 100000 per year. School fee around 2000-3000 a month. and as kimo suggest offer is super...

Thats a decent deal

weekend anybody interested for couple of drinks..with me.. in karama area..

no i don't guess its a good offer ;)

These posts make me depressed. I am living on three times less and I support my husband here in Dubai.

i believe its good offer but school and stuff is kinda expensive here if you are willing to send ur kids to international schools and my advice is to not waste a lot of money in accommodations you can live little far from ur work place and buy good car nearly all people do this ...and good luck

Hi everyone

I recently received an offer to Go work in Abu Dhabi, but my people recommended me to live in Dubai, which means I will have to travel about 300Km's a day which I am not keen for.

anyway the offer was for 25 500 Dhs
but I would have to pay for my own living and traveling
medical would be paid for by the company.

I am a single male 28 years old

is this a good offer and will I be able to live a live or will I simply survive ??

and how much will my petrol be a month if I have to drive so far

Same topic same answer read the previous quote on the same topic my friend. Driving 300 kms is not a issue. Staying in Dubai is a choice so no complaints . House rent is comparatively higher in Abu Dhabi .

Brandon, in my opinion but it's not enough.  You need a housing allowance and company-paid schooling for your kid.  Housing prices in Dubai for a nice 2/3 bedroom can easily go into the 120-150,000 range.  School (international baccalaureate curriculum) cost about 70,000 per year.  Add those two elements together and that's basically your whole year's salary.  Then add on food, clothing, utilities. Unless your wife's teaching job pays well (doubtful), I think you would struggle to get by here. 

If you can get the employer to pay your school fees and kick in another 100,000 / yr in housing allowance, you would be okay.  Most major employers (global employers, anyway) offer a base salary, housing and at least some form of schooling assistance, even on "local" style packages.  If the company you are considering working for isn't offering all three of these elements (in addition to the other minor perks you listed), then they probably aren't going to be very generous when it comes to annual pay rises.

Bryan

Housing needs to be covered by the employer and the schooling too.

U can stay in JLT or Marina its beside abu dhabi-dubai high way or even live in abu dhabi itself there is no big different than dubai.

Hello Ronnie, I was reading you comments and that gives me a hope!!
I recently received a job invited to Dubai for 25000 to 28000 and, but I will be honest, I am scare! I was looking for a good sites that can give me some support to find out some answers like: how much a car rent, apartment 2/3 bedroons, and market costs.

Do you think that salary is a big deal? Sorry to bother you with that??

Thanks Rodrigo

Get all the answers you need from XXX - it's an informational website and provides free advice

Hi,

I got an offer in Dubai: 7.000$/month, all inclusive ( housing + basic+ transport + utilities) + annual air fare allowance and medical insurance.

I'm married, no children and the spouse will have to find a job, so this will be our only income.

What you guys thinks? Is this a good offer?

I also don't understand clearly the meaning of "all inclusive" but i guess that all of my expenses will be covered from my (7.000$) salary?

Thank you in advance for your help.

All inclusive means that they are not going to give you any extra benefits beyond this e.g. schooling.

It is an ok offer but depends on how you want to live.  You can manage a 2 bed apartment living in a relatively acceptable area but not in the top areas (good 2 beds would be in the range of 100K+ a year). But when you have kids who are school going, this won't be enough.

Thank you very much for the reply.
At least at this point is acceptable.

Cheers

Great job guys, I think the salary is so handsome.