Is this enough to live comfortably ??? 25000 dirham

my husband has had a job offer to move to Abu Dhabi earning 25000 dirham a month with housing in a compound, medical and private schooling for our 2 children.

Is this a good deal? We don't live extravagant  lives in the UK but we do ok

I am a registered childminder but don't think I would work if we moved  as I have no formal qualifications in this field

It's a good deal. But I suggest you to try for a job so that you can support your husband

If your housing, schooling and medical is all covered 25,000 will be more than enough for the family.

I am a single female from the UK and I found 4000 a month to be sufficient. Not having to pay rent / mortgage means your salary is pretty much money in your pocket. Food shopping isn't that expensive so you would have a lot left over.

I doubt you'd have to work at all in all honesty but at least you have that option there if need be.

The fact is, nobody can give advice regarding the savings since it is purely depends on your life style and it is different from individual to individual. You will come to know about the expenses once you start living in this country. Any way welcome to the board and wish you best of luck.

As your accomadation and children's education is paid for then that will be plenty.  I earn 33,000. I have to pay for my accomadation which is 8,000 a month and  I send  15,000 home every month. Granted I don't have any children, I feel very comfortably off here with what I have left.

First up, check if your employer's offer is genuine.  There are so many fake job offers and racket.  If it is genuine, you have a good deal, you can have a normal life but not flamboyant.

I think that salary is enough for your family. Proper budget and just spend only not more than your husbands income. Good luck to your family. I wish you all the best..