World Cup 2010 - Where to watch it in Riyadh?

Anyone out there know of any good venues to watch the World Cup from?

I want to take my young children along to watch some games therefore somewhere child freindly.

The Brzeen Hotel is nice. They have a large coffee shop in the ground floor with a large projector screen. The prices for coffee and stuff are expensive, but i bring my own food and drink in, they don't mind. There has been a group of westerners watching the games there.

It is located on Al Aruba, across from King Khaled Eye Hospital. If you are interested, PM me and i can give you my phone number to contact. It is not too rowdy so it should be child friendly.

Al Aqariya III on Olaya Road. The coffee shop on the first floor has a large tv screen in the lounge area with seating too for viewing. They show all the games.

Okay.. now for the big question.  Men are allowed. Children are allowed.  Are WOMEN allowed?  Brzeen is very close!

I was thinking the same thing Alllie!  Im sure the answer to that question thought is a resounding NO!  But if you do get in, enjoy the game! 

My flight was delayed a day so now I'll get into Riyadh on Wed night!  Ugh!  The silver lining here was that I got to come back to my house in MD and spend the night, rather than staying in the Airport, as many others had to do.

Enjoy the game and you can tell me about it when I get back!!!

The other day one of the guys brought his wife down to watch the game with us...either they didn't notice, or they did not mind. Either way, they are pretty accommodating for the Westerners.

How close is the Brzeen Allie? I will have to make an effort to keep my drapes closed now that I know there may be people peeking...

*adjusting my telescope to peek through the crack in the closed drapes*

:lol:

Missed you guys at the game this afternoon...it was a nailbiter until about 89:59...

Were you using the telescope Allie...or were you just absent all together?

Allie,

do we call you a peeping soccer mom?

'mom'?  lol  no, that's altogether TOO innocent if I'm peekin'!

WTENGEL, fortunately we get off a bit earlier on Wednesday and I made it to my apt. to catch the game from the beginning.

Couldn't take the chance of going to the Brzeen and being thrown out and then getting home to have missed 3/4's of the game!!

Maybe I'll try on another, less important game to see if I can get in ;)

About the game:  USA outplayed the Algerians throughout the entire game.. had a mis-called disallowed goal (for the second time this world cup!) .. myriad created  and missed opportunities .. and then pulled off the game winning goal in the final minutes.  It was like out of a movie ("Rocky" comes to mind lol).

I was watching the Japan - Denmark game - in Bahrain. Went to sort out my wedding (Shhhhhhhhhhhh). I'm keeping it quiet. It's on July 8th at St Christopher's Cathedral.

Is that an invitation, Davey??

I wanna be the Best Man...

i wanna have good food!

Calm down, calm down. It is a quiet affair with few guests but when Jill gets out here (Sept) we'll have another party so she can meet you roosters and hens, Ooops Eagles.

i wanna have good food!

:lol:

shahab.ali wrote:

i wanna have good food!

and ditto from alliecat

OK OK I can't take your cries for good food any longer

give me a decent kitchen and I will cook up a storm :D

What do you fancy?

I want to be there too!  :lol::lol::lol: