Calling Cards from Mauritius to USA and Europe

Does anyone know where can I get calling cards for cheaper calls to USA and Europe? I know most people use Skype but this will not work out for me.

Radi wrote:

Does anyone know where can I get calling cards for cheaper calls to USA and Europe? I know most people use Skype but this will not work out for me.

Hi and Welcome to Mauritius Forum of Expat.com, Radi ! :)
Did you check out Orange and Emtel's website, I think they have systems for cheaper calls to abroad?
Did you yet arrive in Mauritius?
Cheers
Arlette

You can subscribe to yello.mu

But to be fairly honest, Emtel and Orange are very competitive too.

easicall.mu
US 4.20 Rs/min
UK fixed 4.90 Rs/min

Sold at many small shops for 125/250 Rs+Tax

why don't you get a magic jack? Just hook it up to your computer and the calls to the US are free!!! :) My husband uses it everywhere he goes overseas. But it's restricted to the US and Canada only.

Yes, Magic jack is excellent, i know a friend who uses that to call back home to the states, but i have been looking for a similar device that could call europe.!!!!!but with no luck.

Mariam

Hi Mariam, we have English friends working in Saudi Arabia and they use something similar to magic Jack. It's called vonage. It's all free. Lol. Just the device and the annual payment. google it. I don;t know whether you can purchase it there but you must be able to buy it online and have it shipped. Hope that helps. Have a great evening over there.