Health Insurance?

Hey everyone!

I am getting really nervous about not having health insurance. I was wondering what the best international provider for Turkey is? What are your experiences with health insurance/healthcare in Turkey? Whether English speaking doctors are available?  It is really important that I completely understand my doctors.

I really need help on this one :)

Thanks,
Dana

Are you visiting or living in Turkey?

I am living in Turkey and will probably live here for 3 years.

danaabu wrote:

I am living in Turkey and will probably live here for 3 years.

Check this website it will expalin everything
istanbul.angloinfo.com/information/healthcare/health-system/health-insurance/

I hope I helped. BTW I sent a message to you :)

(Moderated: Please post in the section doctor job offers in Istanbul)

(Moderated: Please recommend in the section health insurance in Turkey)

How much stress is it causing you? Generally how healthy are you? Is 200TL per month a small or large sum to you vs the benefits?

And finally - note that the Law in Turkey isn't synonymous with the Practice in Turkey.

Best of luck.

Hi Dana,

As an expat living in Turkey for 25 years I can say from experience that i have had no problems in using my health insurance policy. I have been in hospital several times and have found the service very good. Here you will find most doctors in the larger cities speak English. Also a number of them have interpreters to help if required. I think you will also find all the major hospitals have a separate section dealing with insurance claims, so you should not experience any difficulties should you require hospital treatment.

I hope this is of help to you..

Hi,
It is possible for foreigner to have an health insurance in Turkey. You don't need international provider. Local İnsurance companies provide health insurance for foreigners in Turkey.

Also having an health insurance is compulsory to  renew your resident permit since April.

You only need a tax number or foreigner identity number,

Best wishes,
Olgun

This is true unless you are over 65 years old, then no Turkish insurance companies will not accept you, unless you had a policy in force when you became 65. If you have they will continue to insure you.