Pregnancy in Istanbul

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Istanbul?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Istanbul?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Dr. Ebru Alper at the Amerikan Hastanesi has delivered many of my expat friends' babies. She is highly recommended.

I've also heard of some people go to Fulya Acibadem Hastanesi, but I don't know which doctor.

You might want to get in touch with one of the IWI mums n' kids groups and see what other doctors/tips women may have.

Cheers,
Joy

Hi Joy,

Thank you for this info! :)

No problem! You're welcome!

Dr. Emre Yazicioglu in Jinemed Fulya is great!!!

Hey,congrats on your pregnancy, how exciting!! I just had a baby here in Istanbul a month ago. If you prefer a natural birth I would highly recommend dr. Kubra Taman who works very closely with the American Hospital, but she also has the flexibility to come to a different hospital if you prefer that. I'm also a member of the IWI and many other mums have had her as an obstetrician as well. Her practice is in Nisantasi. If you would like her details send me a private message :-)

Cheers,

Susanne

Thank you Susanne! :)

Hey there,  Congrat's to you on your pregnancy.  I have a 22 month old baby girl and i've been living here for 4 years and my Turkish husband close friends recommended my doctor his name is Gokmen Iyigun in Medical Park hospital in the Anadolu side of Istanbul in Goztepe.  I really had a wonderful nature birth.  He speaks and understands English!!! I highly recommend him!!! Well good luck in your search.

Silvana Demirtas

Hi and welcome to the forum Silvana !

Thanks for your input.

Armand

Dear all,
I am so happy to find this forum, im 37 week pregnant and my doctor is in medical park-fatih area, i just came to know that my husband is not allowed to enter the labour room during the delivery day and this issue turned me crazy!!! Can any one tell me where to go? I live in kagithane in asian side. And i have no friends here my turkish language is weak but i can speak english and arabic

Thanks
Eman

Hi,

My husband was allowed in the delivery room, no problems. If you need more details in regards to my doctor let me know!

Susanne

Dear susanne,

Thank u for ur kind reply. U meant ur hospital which is??? American i guess?? How much does it cost?

Thankss,

Eman

Hi,
please how much it cost to have the baby in american hospital or fulya ? approximate

Thank you

fatyt wrote:

Hi,
please how much it cost to have the baby in american hospital or fulya ? approximate

Thank you

As this thread is over 2 years old now you may not get a reply.
I suggest that you open a new post. If the hospitals have websites or phone numbers, contact them for costs.