Gas Water Heater (External)

Has anyone any experience with this type of water heater in Malta/Gozo?

I would be most grateful to hear of your own experience.

Many thanks.   R :cheers:

Roger Rabat wrote:

Has anyone any experience with this type of water heater in Malta/Gozo?

I would be most grateful to hear of your own experience.

Many thanks.   R :cheers:

What is an external gas water heater?
Do you mean that the gas bottle is outside?
Its not usual to mount a water heater outside because of the very high humidity, everything will rust very quickly!

Terry

I asked for advice not a lecture from yet another EB 'badge' man about something of which he has no knowledge.
The three year old aluminium boiler is mounted on the roof and is not rusty.  I found a recommended engineer after talking to the gas delivery man and all is now fixed.
Sorted!

Roger Rabat wrote:

I asked for advice not a lecture from yet another EB 'badge' man about something of which he has no knowledge.
The three year old aluminium boiler is mounted on the roof and is not rusty.  I found a recommended engineer after talking to the gas delivery man and all is now fixed.
Sorted!

Woo hoo!!
Nice to know someone's efforts are appreciated.  :rolleyes:
Couldn't see any 'advice' or a 'lecture' there.
EB 'badge man'?  Or someone who tries to help; someone who participates and not just take.
Just think, if it wasn't for 'badge' men or women what would ever be answered on here?
NB. It's the owner who made the system and no one really cares...................except you  :whistle:

redmik wrote:
Roger Rabat wrote:

Sorted!

Woo hoo!!
Nice to know someone's efforts are appreciated.  :rolleyes:
Couldn't see any 'advice' or a 'lecture' there.
EB 'badge man'?  Or someone who tries to help; someone who participates and not just take.
Just think, if it wasn't for 'badge' men or women what would ever be answered on here?
NB. It's the owner who made the system and no one really cares...................except you  :whistle:

If there is no 'advice' why post in the first place! As for 'not usual to have water heaters outside' what about all the Solar water heaters, mine has been fine for 7 years now, it has not rusted away!

I think it's a case of posting for posts sake with the EB badgemen who seem to think they run the blog. Advice from someone who has been here a long time is one thing but comments,often rude, are not, especially if from someone who has not been here long. (And I am not referring to 'Tearnet' here).
:whistle:

Roger Rabat wrote:

Sorted!

Sorry if the "badge " upsets you but I am proud to have served my country as a Royal Engineer for a number of years, sad that you should somehow find that upseting!
I also have been an engineer in numerous positions for over 30  years and was amazed that there is an all aluminium gas boiler and was interested. Anyone who has a little engineering  knowledge will tell you that even aluminium will corrode if left exposed.
Glad that you have got it sorted and puzzled as to why you asked in the first place.

Terry

@tearnet
I asked because the fault was intermittent and I sought info from anyone who might have had similar experience.  All I got from you was patronising non-advice suggesting I didn't know the difference between a water heater and a gas bottle.  But that's typical of you tin-pots - jumping on every passing wagon to bolster your self esteem.
@redmik
Huff and puff is all you do.  New members think that's great but soon become bored with the endless overlong responses so why don't you give it a rest.
@F0xgl0ve
Thank you for your support.

What a rude and ignorant person you are.

Terry

tearnet wrote:

What a rude and ignorant person you are.

Terry

You're half right but at least I'd have the good sense to Google 'external water heaters' before displaying ignorance. R. :rolleyes:

Hi folks,

can you please all calm down a bit.

A public forum is not really the right place to trade personal squabbles . Maybe get together over a nice pint of cold Cisk and discuss the issue -)))

Cheers
Ricky

@Ricky.
It'll be a cold day in hell.

Many thanks for the consistent precise advice you offer on this Forum.  Thanks to George also.

Cannot promise to behave.  If I get a damn silly answer to a legitimate question I will say so again.

R.

Dear 'Roger Rabid'..........

Try to imagine a conversation, for example in a bar or a club, anywhere, doesn't matter.
One person asks 'got something wrong with a boiler on the roof, what do you think?'
I would guarantee that someone would ask for more facts as the question does not portray all the facts needed to know. (You didn't even mention the intermittent fault or its nature. You just asked for 'experiences'. Hardly a specific question, was it?)
Others may make comments such as, 'didn't know about them', or 'what about rust' and then the conversation could go quite wide of the original question.
A bit similar to what happens on here really.
Get it?

Regarding ego, no, I lost mine (in the sense that you mean) years ago - it's just a genuine desire to help on my part.
I would, however, question anyone who would think that anyone else would glean satisfaction from such a thing.
Perhaps the original questioner has some self-esteem issues themselves and project their own inadequacies onto other people's actions?

Good job we are used to ungrateful critics who seem to have nothing better to do.

If you are speaking for others I would like to see the evidence. I know that there is a little 'clique' on here that would like nothing more than to see me go. But, they are of no consequence to me.

Overlong responses? Like this one? No, just imparting clear information.

I agree with Terry, you are indeed rude and ignorant.

You don't understand, I don't give a shake how you think about me, you too are insignificant to me.
But.......others read our responses and may not have read other threads so things have to be explained.
It's all for the common good to share as much information as possible.

It's also interesting how prejudiced people can be, especially when they haven't even met those they are prejudiced against!

Yawn.

Roger Rabat wrote:

I found a recommended engineer after talking to the gas delivery man and all is now fixed.
Sorted!

Hello everybody,

As stated here, the member "Roger Rabat" has already resolve his issue, so this topic is now closed.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Closed