Is there karaoke in Bucharest??

Hello....

I'm from Sydney Australia and I'm relocating to Bucharest in August 2010.
Is there Karaoke in Bucharest? (God help me...! as I can't imagine living with out it)

Regards

Hi Darna, welcome to Expat.com!
Well I hope you get positive answers then :)

Darna, there are enough karaoke joints in Buch. One of the better ones is the Old City Bar in the Lipscani area.

Try Mojos (Str gabroveni) forlive and Karaoke. Entry fee 15 ron. You need to get "Bucharest in your Pocket Guide" very helpful. Im moving through in August Maybe catch you there
Slanj
Jake

What is the logic behind paying 15 rons for entrance to karaoke?

Besides, Mojo aint all the great. I always wondered why they never gave the ticket or receipt when you pay the 15 rons; when all the other establishments in Bucharest gives you the ticket / receipt or "bon" as they call it here.

Old City Bar is better ... less smokey, greater ambiance, lovely open terrace and the food is amazing.

Was not aware of that bar.. You're right that Karaoke should be free, however downstairs they had anexcellent live rock  5 piece band playing to over 100 people, I hope that you would be happy to support financially live music. I know that most pubs charge you through higher drink prices so maybe Mojo gets you both ways.  not sure about the charges. Any other Karaoke/live that you can point in my direction
Slanj
jake

Joyce's would be a great joint to meet people. And they have karaoke also.

When I lived still in Piata Amzei there was a Karaoke bar between Planters and Restaurant Galcio. A very narrow door with stairs down to the basement and there was the karaoke. Don't know a name of the place but it is hard to miss. Piata Amzei is in the very centre near Piata Romana and can be reached easily by Subway (exit Romana).

I am not sure if the place is still there. I moved out of Amzei.
Go0d Luck!

Cafeneaua Actorilor,(the actors coffe bar) is the name of this place,is exaclty in the back of Intercontinental Hotel,is a therase outside and u have to enter inside,in a basement,is nice ,i also sing in there,they have karaoke only Wednesday and Sunday biggins at 23.00 untill 2.00 o,clook in the night;)