Let’s be honest here. When you signed up …

… have you read the Terms & Conditions at https://www.expat.com/en/terms.html and the 'Anti spam system & new rules' at https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238 ???  :unsure

I still haven't bothered to read the rules- Probably never will.

I did read the terms and conditions very quickly when I signed up, but honestly do not remember much.

mas fred wrote:

This is true King of the Jungle attitude, which is OK in the case of Tigers.
But when trouble strikes remember: you broke the rules.

Farhaz wrote:

I did read the terms and conditions very quickly when I signed up, but honestly do not remember much.

Since you are honest, 50% of your future guilt will be forgiven.  :D

I did not read them because I knew myself to be a nice guy, but when I could not send PMs to some people whose posts I liked and whom I wanted to contact, I realized I must check what's wrong. :o

I then read the rules and wished to re-write them to make them much clearer.  :D

I am the biggest promoter of rules, but that does not mean I cannot break them because that's the only way to find better ones. :top:

John C. wrote:
Farhaz wrote:

Since you are honest, 50% of your future guilt will be forgiven.  :D

... and (I hope) the remaining 50% of my future guilt will be forgotten.

John C. wrote:

I am the biggest promoter of rules, but that does not mean I cannot break them because that's the only way to find better ones. :top:

This is certainly something I have to agree with.

Farhaz wrote:
John C. wrote:

This is certainly something I have to agree with.

:)

mas fred wrote:

Hi Fred, :)

I can use your royal indiscipline for a better cause.  :cool:

I shall suggest to Julien to have his programmers introduce a filter whereby new signees must wait for 30 minutes before they can log in and commit their little crimes.
30 minutes should be enough for everybody to go through the forum rules.

We are getting closer and closer to the day when computers (especially the PCs which Tom, Dick and Harry use) will be programmed to stop working (or crash  :o  ) when used for bad reasons.

I didn't bother for the rules at the time of signing but today i read....

aryavrat wrote:

I didn't bother for the rules at the time of signing but today i read....

I described above why I did not read the TERMS & CONDITIONS the day I signed up here.
Why did you not bother reading them?  :/

John C. wrote:
mas fred wrote:

Hi Fred, :)

I can use your royal indiscipline for a better cause.  :cool:

I shall suggest to Julien to have his programmers introduce a filter whereby new signees must wait for 30 minutes before they can log in and commit their little crimes.
30 minutes should be enough for everybody to go through the forum rules.

We are getting closer and closer to the day when computers (especially the PCs which Tom, Dick and Harry use) will be programmed to stop working (or crash  :o  ) when used for bad reasons.

I think I see the problem here - you have me confused with someone who gives a shit.

:D  me toooo never tried to read the forum rules ....

Gad Zooks that is one of the reasons I moved to the Dominican Republic...to get away from all the rules. In my former life in the US the rules were coming out of my ears....

Bob K

Since 2 days :)

Are the posters above all the honest forummers here?  :o
I believe there are more ...  :cool:

All forums have rules which are more or less the same.

It is forbidden for youngsters below the age of 18 to sign up and post comments in many forums which proves that forum owners want to make sure not to accept teenagers for obvious reasons.
One less trouble to worry about ...

The unwritten rules of civility also play a role in creating and preserving a strong forum membership.
The trade-off is: do you want to correspond with just 2-3 forummers or do you wish to get responses from as many forummers as possible?

We realize that not all the rules could be spelled out but we all still need to behave as if they were if we want to learn something.  :par:

im same you

thanks u, i readed it. :D

rubytran7691 wrote:

thanks u, i readed it. :D

Hi Ruby, :)

Did you read the forum rules when you signed up or right now because of this thread?  :/

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR