Swimming Pool in Tripoli

Hi,

From Two years I'm in Tripoli for work.
Some of you know a sports center here in Tripoli with Olympic Swimming Pool (25 meters), covered, where Can I go two or three times at week???

Thanks ;)

1st Engineering camp on Gargarish had a 25m pool (Olympic pools are 50m, btw ;)  )
Membership is about 1300LYD for the year.
Some hotels have pools as well but not as good.
The Bustan hotel's pool is about 20m but their membership is more than 1st Eng.  (although they do have a superb gym as well)

how about the sea ....is it no good any longer......

Mudman wrote:

although they do have a superb gym as well)

Where is this Bustan?

Google is your friend :)

I searched before I ask. The first result was Umm Al Quwain Airport‎, UAE.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&clien … a=N&tab=wl

Thanks for the link.

abdulElkesh wrote:

The sea is great, if you could have swam in it on a day like today then good luck to you.
Also the beaches off Tripoli itself are pretty crappy (and that's being generous)and raw sewage is dumped into the sea. You might be able to get a swim off Regatta if the nazi guards let you in or off Palm City/Oeoa camp. You can travel a bit further East or West of town and find some lovely beaches, but personally I prefer not to drive longer than I'm going to be swimming for.
And whilst I love open water swimming, much more than a pool, it's actually very hard to practice specific drills in the OW and impossible to do time/distance sets. Don't confuse, 'having a leisurely splash around for fun' with 'knocking out 4km for training'. :)

Hey, they offer "most up-to-date music" :)

Mudman wrote:
abdulElkesh wrote:

it's actually very hard to practice specific drills in the OW and impossible to do time/distance sets. Don't confuse, 'having a leisurely splash around for fun' with 'knocking out 4km for training'. :)

Not really. Sometimes the consistent inconsistency is a desirable consequence. ;)

You said it.