Rugby

I am moving to Tripoli to Manage Health & Safety at the new Tripoli International Airport. I play Rugby in UK and Rugby mad is there any clubs in Tripoli to play beach rugby.

Welcome to Expat.com tiger1964 :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Tripoli forum for effective networking. This will then increase your chance to obtain more responses from members around the region!

Yes, look in the FAQ sticky thread, or use the search function. Rugby has been covered alot.

There is a Place called Regatta In tripoli, Residence for most expact working in Oil Sectors .. There is a Rugby Club over there. Check with them you might get lucky.

Cheers
DANI

Mudman,

When i search rugby the only thing i seem to be able to find is people who have listed it as an interest. New to using this website. This is the only thread that seems to have it as a title. Any advice which thread to look in please?

Lee

From a different website:

Tripoli Rugby Team
The Tripoli Rugby Technical Committee invites you to join the Tripoli Rugby team to learn and play the game of Rugby at our new location in Hay-Andolus.  The two-hour session every Friday starts at 18.30.

The Tripoli Rugby team (formerly known as the Tripoli Barbarians) is looking for new players willing to learn and play or even coach rugby. It's all free of charge and open to ages from 18 to 81.

Join us and let's have fun playing Rugby on weekends.

location > Nadi Shabab al-Wahdawi, Gurgi Road, Hay-Andilous, Tripoli.

contact > 091 795 7096 or email us at: [email protected]

http://www.lookoutlibya.com/Look_Out_Li … ng_02.html

Thanks Mudman but already tried this one. We tried phoning and e-mailing to no avail and went one friday but no one showed. Looks as though this is pretty out of date.

OK, I'll try asking some people I know for you.

Thanks again

This thread looks very out of date but I thought I would post this anyway

This Friday the 22nd Feb the 1st" National 17th of February Rugby 7's Cup " is apparently being held at the Regata.  I shall go along and report back its on all day.

Hello RW01 -> Thank you for the info. ;)

Aurélie

Hi there....

we didnt hear from you after the event?
:)

cheers

RW01 wrote:

This thread looks very out of date but I thought I would post this anyway

This Friday the 22nd Feb the 1st" National 17th of February Rugby 7's Cup " is apparently being held at the Regata.  I shall go along and report back its on all day.

I went along to the Rugby 7's I could only stay for the morning

It was good fun there were a few expats watching not enough to make a team but that was probably a good thing as the locals guys all looked a bit to professional

Both the Tripoli teams beat the two Bengazi teams in the first round with a couple more games and a final to go after I left

I believe there is a Tripoli only weekend next week but I will confirm that if people are interested

For some more info please see the link below

guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/13/libya-rugby-attack-defence

Hi,
Is there any up to date info on this subject please ?
Pete