Nice, cheap & Secure beaches

DO any one can help where can a family could engoy a summer day on beach?

There is nowhere you can, period.  Just chill at home with the AC on full blast 'till the summer is over, then I'll tell you where you can go.
This place hasn't got ANY safe & clean beaches.

There are very nice natural beaches just west of Zuwara - You should bring all your picnic stuff, chairs, kids toy, ect with you as the beaches here are completely natural - and stretch all the way to the Tunisian border ...Also best if you drive in 4 by 4 vehicle so you can go off the main road and drive onto the beach.  Advised for groups or family - perhaps not alone.

Al Kums , Zwarha , Subrata , Al garabolli , you can find places where you can swim with bikini ,
or just go to Eastern beach for Russian people in Libya ,follow the military
it made for foreign

ibrahjette wrote:

Al Kums , Zwarha , Subrata , Al garabolli , you can find places where you can swim with bikini ,
it made for foreign

Eastern beach for Russian people in Libya, can you please give the coordinates to find it in google earth?

Masterr wrote:
ibrahjette wrote:

it made for foreign

Eastern beach for Russian people in Libya, can you please give the coordinates to find it in google earth?

I don't know the coordinates, but just ask anyone where Chick beach is and they will direct you, I think it is out the Tajura road.

redsaraya, could you please be more positive in your messages ? thanks

Julien wrote:

Unlikely to happen. He is a Libyan who has been exposed to some form of western education (limited by the looks of it) and has turned out very un-Libyan as a result. He appears very insular and ignorant of his own country, for example although one of the beaches at Sabratha is not the cleanest, it is VERY safe to swim at, also the beach at Palm City is OK, as is Regatta beach (so I am told). But Redsaraya is bitter about ex-pats being here, and as a result his only input into this forum is petty and ill informed posts. I eagerly await his next well thought out, and deeply informative post :rolleyes:

after reading several unpleasant messages / reading complains, I've decided to block his account for a couple of days

Julien,

The best decision you have made of late........... He is getting on everyone's nerves with his strange comments.

Thanks,
Siddiqui

do not hesitate to report any unpleasant message, it helps me a lot

Good job, most of us just want to help others get the information they need. Hope you had a great vacation!:cool:

Julien wrote:

after reading several unpleasant messages / reading complains, I've decided to block his account for a couple of days

Well done mate, can you extend it to a couple of years ? :lol:

next time it will be definitive

Julien wrote:

Hear! Hear:)

Julien wrote:

Thumbs up to the moderator.

Hmm come on... Libya has a big shoreline, if you explore it around Tripoli IŽm m sure you will find some nice beaches, some protected by rock formations, with thick sand lines... ItŽs like in Brazil, enormous shorelines, and some beaches arenŽt visited at all...

Guys lets share beach locations.
The one that i liked is located here: 
latitude 32°42'42.71"С
longitude 14° 9'0.63"В

"I don't know the coordinates, but just ask anyone where Chick beach is and they will direct you, I think it is out the Tajura road."

just for your info, guys, the chick/tcheque beach in Tajura on the road to Khoms has been demolished. last friday i saw some works going on there, maybe they will revamp it.
the sabratha beach is kind of ok if you go in a group, but still, no bikinis ladies . anyway the sand is magnifique.

ima wrote:

"I don't know the coordinates, but just ask anyone where Chick beach is and they will direct you, I think it is out the Tajura road."

just for your info, guys, the chick/tcheque beach in Tajura on the road to Khoms has been demolished. last friday i saw some works going on there, maybe they will revamp it.
the sabratha beach is kind of ok if you go in a group, but still, no bikinis ladies . anyway the sand is magnifique.

please can you give sabratha beach coordinates?

Anyone know of any good beaches around Benghazi? Myself and colleagues are all male so family beaches are a no no.

Thanks

hi bareskillz , i used to live in Benghazi for some time....the probelm with the beaches in libya is that no service and the one near the city are not that nice or u find them equiped with famillies ...so it is better if you have a car to go to the west around 100 KM to " Gmenes" it has a familly beach but also u can find nice places there..or you can go to the east...where the nearst is Tulmitha around 60 KM .always take your food and water with you ..u can buy from the shops in the way ...but noting on the beach...cheers. :)

actually I know 2 places you can choose the nearest one if you want:
1- Regatta
2- There is one in Tajura but a little far which dedicated for  foreigners.

have a nice tan.

hey all, I know a previous post says Tcheko beach was closed for a time, but I have some friends that went last weekend and said it was great. Bikini's/normal swimwear - no problem. It is in the Tajoura area and I can get specific directions if anyone needs. the one thing they said is that it might be difficult to enter as a single guy. couples and families are ok. let me know if you've heard anything different. thanks and
ciao, mark

marksoli wrote:

hey all, I know a previous post says Tcheko beach was closed for a time, but I have some friends that went last weekend and said it was great. Bikini's/normal swimwear - no problem. It is in the Tajoura area and I can get specific directions if anyone needs. the one thing they said is that it might be difficult to enter as a single guy. couples and families are ok. let me know if you've heard anything different. thanks and
ciao, mark

Thanks for that Mark, might give it a try this weekend and let you know the result, it is supposed to get VERY busy on a Friday. Palm City and OEM camp are clamping down on non residents using the beach, if found you get thrown out by security :rolleyes:

We would like to say hi to the group. We are a new couple in Tripoli.

Just married and moved to Tripoli.. :)

So when it comes to swimming with your wife, what are the suggestions??? I have once been to a beach near Tajoura last year with some of my colleagues but i dont know where it is as these friends have moved out of Libya. That wasnt so bad. (at least there were some women with bikinis) I can remember that it was some sort of a hotel or residence with separate small villas for 10 dinars entrance fee (of course only for the beach) and it had a big swimming pool with hundreds of children shouting and swimming. I also can remember people with diving suits like there was a school or something.. That place was OK...

We will be 2 couples for 2mrw... We have a car. (anywhere around with a 1 hour drive??)

Any suggestions?

Drive out past Sabratta about 5 miles. There is a large road sign and a road turning left into the desert. Turn right on just about any road after this and head down the roads which turn into sand tracks to the beach.
Have a look on Google maps before you go.

Past the third traffic light from Janzour round about/intersection, take a right, 100 meters down in the street is hotel Siahiah, they have beach, two swiming pools, a restaurant, and coffe shop. Mostly Libyan Families, there is some cover charge.

Chick beach , can you please give the coordinates to find it in google earth?

OK , Just go on tajura road and ask for russian beach
they call it ( MASEEF AL SHEIOH )

There you can be free if you have a girl friend
lie under sun in bikini ,

Masterr wrote:
ibrahjette wrote:

it made for foreign

Thanks to everyone for directions.

We went to an endless beach yesterday...

We have past Sabratha ruins and turned towards sea.. There was a closed camp (Omer Mukhtar Camp if i am not misinformed) and then a hotel. We went on following the traffic on a sandy road to reach the sea. And then came the entertainment. It was like a highway on the sea side... We went like half an hour by the sea and found a suitable place. (We were far from our side-car-neighbors)

It was OK till we decided to leave. Our Hyundai Santafe 2.4 car sank in the sand!! :) I was shocked when i found out that it doesnt have 4X4 gear. Helpful Libyans pulled our 17 (Turkiye) plated car out with a Hummer!!

Nice adventure... While we were looking for a calm place for our wives, we have gone on the sand which was like a powder...

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=32.8 … 6&t=h&z=16

Anyway, impressions are:

- very nice beach and crystal clear water
- nothing around so you need to be prepared for liquids, umbrella, sheets to lay on, food.
- you may need off-road equipment for the car
- no toilets (even close)
- you need suncream (not less than 20 factor), hats, sunglasses..
- swimming goggles
- you can find more suitable empty spaces if you drive further by the sea-side (i mean really sea-side, sometimes by the water)

Burak,

HEHEHE very funny
good luck in next time LOL

I always liked Surman beach when I was there.  Just a few clicks short of Sabratha.  They have a bit of a restaurant there and offer little cabins for rent, (I haven't stayed and can't say I recommend based on the outside appearance).  My husband and I used to go alone and we would often go with large groups of friends.  Many expats and considered "family friendly."  No problem with Westerm women in bathing suits, bikinis included.  I posted about this about a year ago and I may have included directions.  Now I just can't recall exactly how to get there as I have been out for a while.  Try searching for "Surman beach."

Clansman wrote:
Masterr wrote:
ibrahjette wrote:

it made for foreign

I don't know the coordinates, but just ask anyone where Chick beach is and they will direct you, I think it is out the Tajura road.

I can confirm that the above mentioned beach is both secure and clean after a visit there on Saturday. 3LYD entrance fee, it also has a cafe and showers etc. It is quite a distance past Tajura, but any taxi driver will get you there.

Hi Everyone
I just went out to some very nice beaches today, with some local friends - and all of them (the beaches that is, not the friends!!!  :lol:) were both clean and safe! 

1) We first tried "Bsis" - an island just off the coast, before you get to Khoums  (take the coastal highway east towards Khoums/Leptis Magna - signposted from highway as "Bsis Family Beach").  But this was very crowded (Fridays always are apparently!) - so we just took some photos of the island and left.

2) We then drove further east, till we got to the Negeza Hills - there is a signpost on the left (you have to do a U-Turn) marked in ROMAN Script "Negeza Hotel". Take this road towards the sea - and then you have two options:
a)  EITHER go straight down this road all the way to the bottom, and use that beach (though this was ALSO pretty crowded on a Friday - we also decided to give this one a miss)
b) OR...go down this road a little way, until you get to a largish gravel road on your left.  Go down that road for about 1km, then take another gravel road right - all the way down to the beach!  At the beach (facing the sea), the  left hand side is marked out for families (NO single guys on their own allowed!), and the right hand side is marked out for single guys on their own!  This last one was really lovely, set in a cove, with two very shallow areas - separated by a slightly deeper area.  It costs LYD 5 to enter the beach - plus an extra LYD 5 if you're a foreigner!!!  :D  It comes with a free rubbish bag, to put all your litter in!!!  A pretty clean beach - the only junk was some seawood that had been washed up by a recent storm out at sea!!!  And the water is beautiful!!!

At all three beaches, they hire out "gazebos" or "tents", some made of canvas/material, and some made of grass/thatch, which are a boon against the sun - but pretty pricey.  Good bargain, though, if you are staying for the whole day, and you are a group.  As we were only staying a few hours (and were only three), we managed to find a pretty decent patch of shade against some rocks at the end of the beach.  We were there from 1500 to about 1800.  When we left, many people were only just arriving!

Next week, my friends are taking me to an apparently stunning beach near Sabratha - from the pics they showed me after their visit there last weekend, this location could be taken straight out of a picture postcard, somewhere in Thailand!!!  or Mauritius!!!

So you see folks - there are plenty of pretty amazing beaches along this VERY long coastline!!!  :)  Hope this has helped somewhat.....????

Sorrry - meant to give the name of the final beach option we chose - at the final turnoff to the beach, it is signposted "Falful beach" - but this one is in Arabic script - a pretty large signpost, though - if I remember rightly, red writing on a white background...

hello boys and girls
I'm a Libya, and here is the best I love the most during my summer beach trips. its called Villa Sceleen its in Kohmis.
Direction: when you are going to kohmis and when you are entering  Kohmis you have to go up the mountain, you will come to a check point, there is a turn to the left right after the check point by may be 10 meters or so (take it) its mountain and Vally rds go all the way till you come to T junction and go left , follow the road till you come gravel road in-front of you and right turn, take the right turn and keep on driving till you actually see the Villa Sceleen its a Roman archaeological site. the road to the beach just on the left before the Villa.    its beautiful... and if my direction isnt helping much just ask any local in Kohmis and they will help you to get there

Clansman wrote:
Julien wrote:

Unlikely to happen. He is a Libyan who has been exposed to some form of western education (limited by the looks of it) and has turned out very un-Libyan as a result. He appears very insular and ignorant of his own country, for example although one of the beaches at Sabratha is not the cleanest, it is VERY safe to swim at, also the beach at Palm City is OK, as is Regatta beach (so I am told). But Redsaraya is bitter about ex-pats being here, and as a result his only input into this forum is petty and ill informed posts. I eagerly await his next well thought out, and deeply informative post :rolleyes:

can't agree more :)

Julien wrote:

well done mate ;)

well it is not cheap but dar tellil hotel,sabratha, needs an annual membership and is built for embassies and foreign companies.

great place.great beach.not different than Djerba in any respect:)

worth the money.