One wish: Egypt!

Hello everyone!

I've got a bit of time off right now (plus, i'm a bit bored), so i wanted to say hi, and most importantly, express myself regarding Egypt.

I'm not egyptian, but i'm looking foward to live in Egypt (i've posted a previous topic looking for help), and to me, it would be very nice to hear what egyptians think about their own country! What do you guys love most about it? What is your favorite place? If you could change something about your country, what would it be? how do you feel towards your country? etc! If you're not egyptian but you're living in Egypt, or like me, you are looking to live in Egypt, i would like to hear your opinion as well!

It's not a big deal, i just think i would be fun to share our thoughts on the country, and how life is there.

Personally, i'm western, i'm from Venezuela, a south american country, but i'm nothing like the typical westerns. Maybe that's one of the reasons i feel so attracted to the arab world, and more specifically, to Egypt. It's hard to explain, i don't know what to writte or what words should i use, but in simple terms, i just feel i was born in the wrong side of the world  :lol:, it's kinda like a lion living in the ocean, it's just wrong!

I've always loved the arabic culture, in general. Everything since their history, most of their traditions, their arquitecture (i like it A LOT), their lands, the language (i'm trying to learn it, i really want to), the music (by the way, my favorite singer, is an egyptian woman), just everything! But Egypt has a special place in my mind, and my heart, because i honestly believe it's the most beautiful of all arab countries.

The weather, the people (every single egyptian has been extremely kind to me, i don't have the words to express my gratitude), the history of Egypt, and the land itself. Egypt is the place i care about the most. I know Egypt is going through a difficult political situation right now, but i have faith that in the end, everything will turn out great for the country! And it will be over very soon! I pray everyday, i honestly do.

As for me, whenever things get tough, or whenever i'm going through difficult moments, i like to image myself living in Egypt, maybe in a place near the ocean, a place full of those typical arabic palm trees, lots of wind, sunny days, but quiet and cold nights! Somewhere i can go out for a walk and just be glad that i'm there! Sounds like a childish dream, but i think it will happen soon! That's my one and only wish.

So, there you go! If you want to share your thoughts, please do! I would love to hear (actually read) what you have to say!

Oh, one last thing before i finish writting this topic. As i said, i'm from south america, so my native language is spanish. If by any chance anyone is studying spanish, or wants to know anything about the spanish language (or anything related to south america), feel free to ask  :D

And i wish you all a great day/night!

http://rlv.zcache.com/yes_i_love_egypt_that_much_throw_pillow-r66f4e11f06c64084b1bdb9cb5c23e4a1_i5fqz_8byvr_324.jpg

hello there
I am Katy I live in Cairo and it would be an honour to me if your wish will come true ,
If u want to learn slang egyptian I will,
If u want to rent or buy an appartment just tell me,
If you want someone to take you around in Egypt I will,
you will already feel comfortable like you are in ur home town,
if you are interested please massge me and let me know what you need ,your expectations so that i can do ur prepration for you to be ready
  Thank you
  Katy Adel

Wow! Thank you SO MUCH Katy! Honestly!

See? Egyptians are definitely the nicest people in the world!

I have some egyptians friends that have helped me, but i still got many questions, and i'm too embarrased to ask, because i don't want to annoy anyone or anything like that. So i really appreciate your offering!

I'm very much interested! I'll send you a message as soon as i can! That way we can speak a bit better!

Thank you very much, Katy! This really means a lot to me!

Hi Arumat ,
it's nice to see someone love Egypt like you even some Egyptians don't like it as you do . there is only one thing I have to tell you there is no ocean in Egypt to live near it  :lol:  but there are the red sea and the Mediterranean sea so choose one of them ... for me I advise you to live in Alexandria it's  the best in Egypt and just walking in it make you feels great but Cairo is very crowded and you will not probably enjoy there .... ask about every thing you want to know and I will answer you as fast as I can
Bye :)

Hello Omar!

Thanks my friend! It's really a pleasure getting to know more and more things about that beautiful country, it's a very special place for me. And yes, yes, you're right about the ocean :thanks: My bad :lol: , i meant somewhere near the water. Mediterranean sea is my favorite of all seas anyways, so that's another positive point about Egypt! You see? Egypt has everything i like about a country, it's almost like it was designed specificaly for me, lol!

Alexandria would also be my first choice, but it really depends on my options. I'm not really asking for much, nor do i intend to be very picky.

The most important thing to me, it's Egypt. Everything else is secondary. It does not matter if i live in Cairo, Alexandria, or a touristic zone like Hurghada or perhaps somewhere near Sharm el-Sheikh (but i think that would be a bit expensive), el-Faiyum, Aswan, or any other of those beautiful cities.

I'm pretty young, and i really have the will to work really hard and make a life in Egypt. But i'm a foreigner, and i completely understand it's now going to be very easy, specially being western, so i can't really afford to be picky. If i get a job in Cairo, or any other place, i will gladly take it and make the most of it. Eventually, after i get stablished, and all of that, only then will i consider the idea of moving to a city of my prefference. :)

I want to thank you for your time and your help, Omar! I'll send you a message! As i said to Katy, this really means a lot to me. I appreciate this!

Hello Katy...  i am Dr.Fey ..live in Germany Munich , and now i am in Egypt / cairo .. would like if you can assist me in many projects ...such travel  ....out going .....business meeting ....and more ..please let me know if you are interested...contact me please at [email protected]
thanks