EAA Form E301 (U1) - Do I need to have it?

Hi all,
another question I couldn't get a straight answer to - do I need to have the form U1 if don't want to claim any benefits in Malta (i.e. I'll be working from day 1)? Or more like has anyone bothered to obtain it?


what is a U1 form

You can get one from this url: or just search CA3916.

Hi,if you do not what to claim your UK benefits in Malta then you do not need the U documents. As you will  be working from day 1 you will not be eligible anyway.

I thought I wouldn't need it but still wanted to be sure (it's quite tricky to get it, so one less worry).
Thanks Pevi!

New topic

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
Info document
By Gaetano.Basile
Residency and Special ID (disability) application(s)
By felinefine81
Photos Signed/dated
By GSoupi
Leaving Malta long term & Residency
By Sledge
Blue Card scheme
By Spiridonov
EU Citizens e-residency process & Health Care info.
By redmik

Expatriate health insurance in Malta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta

Moving to Malta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malta

International Money Transfer

Currency Exchange and Money Transfer Specialists

Travel insurance in Malta

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Malta

Flights to Malta

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Malta