Charges for sending money from Tanzania to India

Hello All,
Kindly tell me how much approx. it takes to send $1000 from Tanzania to India.
Kindly help.
Regards
Joesph

i also want to know the same and what is the cheapest way for this? I got to know that we can send the money very cheaply from "BANK OF INDIA" ( its in town, dar es salaam ). charges are somewhat 15$ per transaction but i am not sure on this.

Jpseph:

M bank is the cheapest I suppose, they charge you 20USD per transaction, they also convert the USD in INR and give you better rates. Try it out.

JPESPH

BANK OF BARODA CHARGES USD 15 PER TRANSACTION UP TO USD 5000/- AND SHOULD HV THE ACCOUNT WITH HIM , THEY WILL SEND YOUR MONEY IN INDIAN  RUPEE BUT U HV THE SAME BANK OF BARODA ACCOUNT IN INDIA
OTHER WISE TEHY CHARGES USD 25

BANK OF BARODA CHARGES USD 15 PER TRANSACTION UP TO USD 5000/- AND SHOULD HV THE ACCOUNT WITH HIM , THEY WILL SEND YOUR MONEY IN INDIAN  RUPEE BUT U HV THE SAME BANK OF BARODA ACCOUNT IN INDIA
OTHER WISE TEHY CHARGES USD 25

There is no need to have a BOB account in India. They can transfer to any banks in India. Ofcourse the rate differs, but money is credited within 24 hours. Dont susbscribe to e-banking locally, and it is for viewing accounts only. You cannot do any transaction.

I think even Diamond Trust Bank is cheaper and they are giving ICICI Bank Cheques in Indian Rupees which you can send it for Deposit to India.

I have a SB account with Bank of Baroda in India as well as in Dar Es Salaam. Can I transfer money from India branch to Dar Es Salaam branch and for what cost?

Hi,

The best authority to answer this question would be the Bank officials themselves since they are the right ones who can guide you correctly as to the rules and regulations connected to money transfer across countries.

Why not approach the bank branch where you have your SB account and enquire with the employees about the same and get the answer straight from the horse's mouth?!

Cheers