Life in Jubail ?

I have a contract to teach in Jubail and am interested in knowing about life there?

@RowdyRoo - I have created a new thread as from your post on the Jubail Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

I have a contract also, did you get any information about living in Jubail? Please share. Are you there yet?

I have been living in Jubail for a few years now. I really like it here. It's what you make of it. It's a small city but still plenty to do if you look. Beach, funfairs, quad biking, I believe there is a sailing club and a horse riding centre although I've not personally been to either. Plenty of arts classes, and language classes too.

Restaurants and a few malls (Al Huwaylat, Fanateer, Timimi markets and soon to open Lulu mall). Saco (B&Q) and lots of other stores, Splash, babyshop etc. 

Jubail town has lots of small streets with independent shops, a nice change from the big name stores.  There are plenty of clinics/hospitals to suit everyone's tastes, and a growing number of international schools.

It's small compared to other cities but the expat community are friendly, as are locals who often engage with me in conversation. 

There's quite a choice of accommodation but I would recommend a compound if you have  young children as they really get to have a safe childhood, playing football in the street with their friends, going for a bike ride etc. which you would find difficult to get in many western cities or in a villa. I find your neighbours are a great help when you first arrive, and equally you can return the favour sometime, form friendships, get together for a BBQ etc.

All the best for your new job and life in Jubail.

Thank you so much.

I am not there yet.

Do you have any compound name that you can share.

Hi there, my husband has also accepted a teaching job in Jubail. I'm also interested in finding out about coumpounds. Housing should be provided by the employer, but it seems there are very few available for families. Thanks!

When is are you leaving for Jubail? Did you guys find somewhere or did they have any available for your family?

NW

Jubail has many many compounds in Jubail, the best is Al Ventura Compound http://www.alventura.net

There are a number of compounds in Jubail (old) town, which is the site of the original fishing village. Everyone tends to think that their compound is the best.  But the main factors are
1. Availability of the size of property you want (1 to 5 bedrooms)
2. Your housing budget
3. What is offerred. Most but not all have a shop, swimming pool, gym, restaurant, tennis courts,  playarea etc. private or communal gardens, buses to take the children to school, and to take the ladies shopping. The level of security also varies.

This is not an exhaustive list but check out:
Al Jude village
Mortco
Garden village
Golden sands
Burjan village
Nesma
Pearl beach
Al Ventura.