Help pls finding school

hello everyone
I will be moving to Jeddah in February, I need to find a good school with british curriculam for my 2 girls aged 8 and 4. I have contacted the following schools and wasn't happy. Thamer int school, future generation, global int,Dar jana . tried contacting Marat but all in Arabic I couldn't understand a thing!!!! somebody pls give some information on good schools with affordable prices. thanking you in advance.

Why didn't you look at the British curriculum British managed schools?  There are 2 in Jeddah.

British International School of Jeddah
Jeddah Prep and Grammar School

Google the names and you will get the websites.  They are not that affordable, though, even though 'affordable' is a relative term.  Fees on the websites also.

The Pakistan International School English Section also uses the British curriculum and is known for getting the best results in Jeddah on the GCSEs and A-levels, even some years best in the region or the world in some subjects.  They have a website too.  It is far more affordable than the 2 above.

The first 4 schools you mentioned are Arab managed with mostly Arab students, and I would advise against any such schools.  And as far as I know, at least Dar Jana and Global use the American system.  Thamer I think has both, and Future I don't know about.  There is also Al Waha, which is South Asian managed with South Asian students.  And Al Wadi, which I believe has a mix of both Arab and South Asians.  They both have the British curriculum.

Manarat is a Saudi private school, and has both a Arabic section and an English section.  The English section uses the British system.  Run mostly by Arabs, with a mix of Arab and South Asian teachers and students.  I don't know if they have a website in English or not, but in this day and age, they probably do.  Search on google.

Why were you not happy with Dar Jana? It is American curriculum and mainly middle eastern families, but my very western daughter (age 4) is doing very well there. They truly do care about the students & all curriculum, except of Arabic & French are taught in English.

Thank you guys for ur information. Anyone knows about al waha international school & al wadi international school. How r the teachers? Etc...

I heard good things about Al Waha. I am British as well and looking to put my son in some British school.

I have once visited Al Hamra school in sitin street, Enakish near Bin Dawood. It is British curriculum school and I got the impression that it is a great School. I MET A VERY NICE MUSLIM CANADIAN WOMAN WHO IS ALSO WORKING THERE. ( I HOPE I AM RIGHT ABOUT HER BEING CANADIAN, ANYWAY) My point is, I didn't get the chance to check their Islamic department but you can do the research. I recommend the school.

Thank u , havent heard of that school b4 will ring them . :)

Hi Riz
Did you managed to decide on school for your kids yet?

hello there
sorry for the late reply, moved to Jeddah last week and trying to settle.... I contacted almost all schools in Jeddah and none had a place, but manarat has offered me a place and my daughter is having entrance exam tomorrow. I don't know much about this school except what I read online. has anyone got any experience with this school?? any information would be much appreciated.
thank you

I heard good abt manarat but it has gOt Yemeni management so not sure if they got any native English speaking teachers.
Let us know abt tomorrow 's exam and also find out if they got good teachers

Hi there ...

Thamer International ... Dar Jana are very similar but a very good schools.

get a meeting with them and you will be satisfied.

regards
Assim

Hi rizi1
I have been to British International School today. They said admissions  are closed, however, if you are British citizen you can still apply for. I can see you came from UK and if you are a British citizen then you can still make a try. I have sent you my mobile no. In  your personal message. Give me a call if you need more info.