Where is everyone?!

Has there been any times where people from Canada meet up in São Paulo? Expat meet up?

Hi Emily,

I'm a Canadian who has been living in Brazil for twelve years now. I lived in São Paulo for many years and while there are certainly lots of other Canadians living there it can be pretty difficult to track any of them down. Not sure if it still exists, but there used to be a restaruant/pub called Canucks in Vila Olímpia near the CPTM station. Rua Gomes de Carvalho, No. 1666. Try phoning them (11) 3463-5240. Some nights they used to have live music.

If you really get desparate to find other Canadians you could hang out in the lobby of the World Trade Center, North Tower in Berrini, where the Canadian Consulate-General is located. Av. das Nações Unidas, 12901 quite close to Berrini station. You're sure to run into some fellow Canucks there.

In a country as large as Brazil and a city the size of São Paulo you can imagine that organizing a meet-up is pretty difficult, but if you want to try to do that please feel free to announce it here on the forum. If you want some tips on arranging a gathering here send me a PM and I will give you all the help I can.

Cheers,
William James Woodward

If there are any expat get-togethers in São Paulo I would be interested in finding out and going.

I have found an organization called new comers and they have monthly events for expats. Like going for book talks. Coffee shops. Museums. Etc. They also supply contact numbers and a São Paulo hand book. But I think the best part is the events and being able to meet other expats at these events. Good luck!!