Moving from Bahrain - Suggestions for British Curriculum Schools

Hi,

My husband is already in Jeddah since March'13 and me and my 2 boys ( 8 years old and 11 years old) are still in Bahrain.

We plan to move around April and are desperately looking for admissions for the boys in the British Schools but both Jeddah Prep and British School are full and we are on a wait list.

What other in - between schools would you guys recommend for my boys?

Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

I might give more suggestions later, but in the meantime, have your husband look at the Pakistan International School Jeddah, English Section.  They also use the British National Curriculum, and produce much better results on the national exams than either of the British schools.  There is also a Bangladesh International School which also uses the British curriculum, but I don't know how good it is.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I was also considering the Pakistan International School as I have heard good things about it as well. The problem is that my boys cannot write Urdu so I wonder how that might work...

But will have him visit the school. Thanks for your help.

I would recommend, Pakistan International School, English section too.

Good question, don't know the answer to it, though!  They do have a website, so maybe it explains there.

There is a FB group called Jeddah Blog.  I am sure you will get a lot more school suggestions there.

I have not heard a lot of good things about Jeddah Prep lately due to headmaster leaving. (I think it was Arab News or some other English newspaper)Had an article about the school in the last 2 weeks. The students have had a lot of days of school canceled & there were issues with teachers getting their Iquamas.

I was looking at it, but am happy now with Dar Jana, but it follows American system and students are segregated by gender in the age range your children are at