Finding a job and work sponsorship in the USA

Where do u come from and how did u do thst with out sponsorship..if u dont mind me askng

ADNIKE73 wrote:

Where do u come from and how did u do thst with out sponsorship..if u dont mind me askng

I got my master in the USA and applied for OPT program. I am allowed to work here for one year. However, this program just allows me to work in certain positions. That makes me very difficult to find a job.

How about  H2A visa job.Am from TANZANIA,graduate computer studies but I think easy to work in USA through H2A VISA hold.(Agricultural). Where can I get agency of my field for recruiting for that position I use lots of websites searching for such job but seems late response..
help!

Current seeking for Agricultural job through H2A VISA hold.Looking for agency who recruit foreigners for H2A in USA.Additional graduate computer studies and enough experience in agricultural sector.

Thanks

Do you have a graduate in agriculture? What is your level in computer studies? Because without a Master level, it's very hard to find a job. Indeed, employer must prove he doesn't find an US citizen or legal resident to hold the position. So, in computering, there  are a lot of graduated.

Concerning agriculture, not sure that farms owners could pay and do steps to get you a visa. And there are already a lot of unemployed and ungraduated in USA to work in agriculture...

Good luck.

Hi Steffi, I feel appreciated for your useful sharing. I have been recent told a story that gives me many questions.  As I was shared, NASA usually accepted students from from their country to do internship in their corporation (about 3 months). I know a Korean girl was accepted by NASA. She studied about engineer. After 3 months working in a NASA plant in California, she looked for another internship in Florida. I usually wonder how an corporation recruits international students from their country for short term and manages her visa while they have a lot of choices in the US.Also, I wonder if her visa was still available after 3 months or the new company has to sponsor her visa. I am also curious if she could easily  be recruited because she is an engineer. As I know engineering is educated differently in different countries. In my country, engineers and lawyers did not earn much but they earned well in the US. If so, an engineer/lawyer in a foreign country can easily find a job in the US?

Have you heard/experienced about those circumstances? I am looking forward to hear your opinions. I have a friend who is an engineer in my country looking for a chance to work in the US because of his low pay. In my experience, it is difficult for international students, who graduated in the US, to find  jobs here because of many reasons. When I am interviewed, the companies always ask me if I am qualified to work here. Sponsorship is really a big problem.

Ntibashima wrote:

How about  H2A visa job.Am from TANZANIA,graduate computer studies but I think easy to work in USA through H2A VISA hold.(Agricultural). Where can I get agency of my field for recruiting for that position I use lots of websites searching for such job but seems late response..
help!

I also looked for a career agency and companies that recruit international students in the US. I found an interesting website. In that website, it listed all jobs posted that are from companies who have hired international employees, including part-time and full-time job. You should check the google for more information. I lost the link some days ago so I can not share now.

I have no idea about h2a visa but you should look for jobs from areas that have a lot of farmers such as Michigan, Minnesota. Pls check Amazon too because they have many programs for people from different regions. There are not many career agency in the US that you can depend on. I use indeed, linkedin, monster to apply for jobs.

International students or young graduated can candidate for a trainee or internship in the 18 months after the leave school.

J1 visa is easier to get than a work visa (as H1B, the most used)

Hi Matt .I am planing to move United States. I need work visa .I don't have any idea how to get USA  visa or find sponsors .Can you give me some advice please.

Nice post. Honest truth.

hello im aude from philippines..I want to work in usa but so hard to apply how can I get there..pls help me thank you

Litile foreigner wrote:

Hi Matt .I am planing to move United States. I need work visa .I don't have any idea how to get USA  visa or find sponsors .Can you give me some advice please.

What is your graduate???

I am too graduate in English studies.
I have a big experience in private teaching.
Please let me know if there's any training or internship?
I am very biased towards culture

Sorry but graduate in English studies won't give you any job in USA. To teach English, there are already Americans... Why chosing a Moroccan rather a native???

English language is just a means of communication sir or madame.
I can do many other jobs,  like culture facilitation,  internship , security,  waiter .....etc

Mousaoui rachid wrote:

English language is just a means of communication sir or madame.
I can do many other jobs,  like culture facilitation,  internship , security,  waiter .....etc

Unless your educational and professional back ground qualifies for employer sponsored visa you basically have the alternatives of spouse, investor, asylum seeker.Internships are tied to enrollment/recent graduTion in secondary education. No, there is no waiter visa.

Sapi amosi wrote:

I'm ranzanian from east africa i have got job in constuction company located in houston texas i applied on line what i wander i dont have qualification of constuction manager simply because constuction is out of my carrer also i'm going to work as constuction manager while i have diploma in development planning, mmmh they told they will sponsor me my visa, flight ticket. My family fear they tell me i'm going to be killed can it happen when i will rich houston texas?
Or u can Whatsap me ...

To be a construction manager in the US, you will need to improve your language skill.

To be a development planner in the US, you'll need a whole lot more than better language skill and a diploma from Tanzania.  You'll need a Master's degree (6 years in college), a state-issue certification (more study and state-wide exam), and years of practical experience. 

Your chance of being killed in Houston is much lower than your chance of being terminated from your construction job when your boss can't understand your report.

BTW, what's the purpose of giving out your telephone number and email address on a public forum?  No one will contact you to tell you whether you'll be killed when you reach Houston.  And even if someone does, can you trust his/her prediction?

Dejavu.dot wrote:

In my country, engineers and lawyers did not earn much but they earned well in the US. If so, an engineer/lawyer in a foreign country can easily find a job in the US?

I don't know about engineer, but lawyers from a foreign country cannot practice law in the US unless they pass the bar/s in the US.  The law in the US is different between states, so a lawyer who passes the bar in a particular state can only practice in said state and any state that offers reciprocity. 

For instance, lawyers from CA, AZ, FL, AL, DE, GA, ID, and KS can only practice in their respective states, but lawyers from NY can practice in NY and 11 other states, while lawyers from AR can only practice in AR and OR.  It's very complicated.

Hi I'm looking to get back to US and hopefully find a job as well. I had my bachelor degree from US in Interior Architecture with 2 years of experience and I would like to try my luck again for the 2nd time. Any idea where I should start? I have tried Linkedin, indeed and apply straight from the companies website but none give a positive reply (though I believe its because I applied from outside of US)

Thank you...

Hi,

Having a visa of B1/B2, is there any chance to secure a job during the 6months stay?

Thank you

:)

mike1005 wrote:

Hi I'm looking to get back to US and hopefully find a job as well. I had my bachelor degree from US in Interior Architecture with 2 years of experience and I would like to try my luck again for the 2nd time. Any idea where I should start? I have tried Linkedin, indeed and apply straight from the companies website but none give a positive reply (though I believe its because I applied from outside of US)

Thank you...

This is. It the best time of the year for job hunting. Companies are working on annual numbers, employees are waiting for bonuses before making a move. What are you brining to the table that is hard to find in the US?

Hello.
Any chance to get a job as a Portuguese Teacher?or any kind position since lately job is here is difficult. It's my mother tongue and i am also Graduated in it.
Thank you.

Hi im Andrei from Philippines..im a seafarer before and decided to quit and wanted to try a land based job..im currently working in dubai..and i hope eventually after acquiring enough experience i can apply for USA..i know this is a silly question and probably i know the answers to my questions, that its impossible to get to US..but im still hopeful..could i pass the immigration even i am no Engineer, Doctor  or any other Highly educated kind of profession..you said its difficult but it can be done..

Some nice job to offer in Usa

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

This is a great post!

I am wondering whether any virtual volunteering work would assist on my resume? Do employers look at virtual volunteering as counting towards merit when applying for a job?

I am a lawyer trying to move across to the USA (I will sit the bar in NYC after I finish my master sin international law).

I have heard how competitive it is and how people with MBA's and JD's from top firms are struggling to find work.

Is there any truth to the above? If so what are people's thoughts on the current economic state of America regarding employment opportunities around Colorado or NYC?

Would love to hear peoples opinions on this as I have not found much online.

I think some company, like mining company they will granted work visa for you, of course there will be not easy to get the job from outside of USA, but still possible. big mining company like Freeport, Barrick, Anglo American, Goldcorp etc will give you the work visa as long as you are qualified for the job. they are running their operations mostly in arizona, nevada etc.

just add the list of the web you can use for check the vacant job.. mining-mill.com

can i add to your list and list of all lawyers and US mediators
maybe will be helpfull to someone  :shy

Hi thank you so much for the advise i have one question i have worked in the states before on the carnivals i have my social security number and so on, i now work in the logistics industry for a global company DBSCHENKER my issue is that i dont fit in South-Africa anymore i feel like an out sider my soul i left in Virginia it seems like i really want to go back to the states but in my field . Do you have any more advise as to where to start or what to do i feel lost at the moment as it feels like every door i try is closed.
Thank you and kind regards
Michael

Any help would be appreciated :)

I'm Web-developer with 2 years experience and Master degree. Is it possible to find a visa sponsor from abroad?

Hi vnzhlv,

It should be as your job is well hired in the USA.
However, there are a lot of things to take into account. You can take the quiz here and see your chance score to find a job in the USA, and what type of visa is best for you.

Then, you can have a look on the job board for foreign people who are looking for a job in the US.

Hope it help!
Sarah

Can I Come in B1/B2 visa and find a position in Church which will be EB1 Special Immigrant (Religious)

Hello Matt,

Your post regarding work visa's in the USA, provided me with some good information.

I was just wondering at all if you had any idea on the type of position i am in and the best way to go about this:

I am a trainee teacher from the UK, with the primary school special education sector. Ever since I was little i have always wanted to experience working as a teacher within the USA, preferably Massachusetts, as I have really close family friends here, whom i have grown up with and Boston, Mass, i love as a city and as a state.

I have looked across the J1 visa programme, however i am unsure as to how that works in terms of sponsorship, on there website they list all the schools who sponsor J1 visa's. However none of them are for Special Educational Needs Schools. There are quite a few outstanding private schools within the Massachusetts, which are known for special educational needs. Is it possible i am able to to speak with these schools, even though they are not on the sponsor list?

Further to this, especially with the J1 visa, there are hundreds of schools, which will sponsor this visa, but are located within North and South Carolina. It is not that i wouldn't consider this, as north and south Carolina are beautiful places. However I do have a partner, who works for an american recruitment company and one of their many offices, is located within Boston. Out of all of there 30 office bases, none of them are in North or South carolina, so that couldnt work for me.

Or do you have any other information, that is also a different way to go about this? I am aware of the H1-B Visa, however as an outward viewpoint, it appears this is a much more difficult visa to obtain, not to acceptance, but more so in relation to finding a sponsor who is willing to pay money for you to teacher, especially i guess when they could just quite as easily hire an american, to do the same job?

Any information you have for me, i would greatly appreciate.

Kind regards,

Jess E

Hi Matt,

I'm a British citizen born and bred, worked all of my life and for the past twenty years i've worked in construction as a backhoe operator with a wealth of experience and an excellent reputation. I'm approaching 50, in good health, hope to have another twenty years working life left and i have a healthy pot of money in the bank. I've travelled the world, visited nearly fifty countries but recently visited North America (for the third time) for six weeks with my son taking in eighteen states and fell in love with the country and the people.

My wife and i have been looking to leave England for good for some time but it seems we hold the wrong passport, speak the wrong language and don't meet the 'refugee' criteria.
My Aunt lives in Ohio but i understand that she cannot sponsor me.

Is there a realistic chance of me gaining employment under the non-immigrant visa in my line of work and if so what would you suggest in my case?

Thanks for your time,

Steve

Hello how can i have a working visa for US. I actually have visitor visa .

thank you, very informative guide, I learned many new things!

Hello. I am a Singaporean looking to relocate and work in the US. I graduated from an Australian university based in Singapore, with a Bachelor's Degree in Business - Logistics and Supply Chain Management. I have been working in the service industry since 2012 and currently working as A Personal Banker with Citibank in Singapore. I am hoping if I could work in another US bank in US. I am just wondering if it is fairly easy for foreigners like to be hired working in a US local in the area of Wealth management or Banking operations. O a side note, I applied for a Relationship Banker role with Bank Of America (based in MA) and yet to hear from them. May I know the usual process when a US company employs a foreigner? Thanks!!

As a graduated Singaporean, you may be eligible to the H1B1 that has no quota but hurry up because application should be filled before end of March so you have to first find your sponsor company and get a job offer before this date.
Here more info to find H1B1 sponsor company

As I don't know your whole profile and past, better you follow the whole process by running Visa Simulator so you will be on the right track to find your sponsor.

Hope it helps
Sarah