Any expats from NYC?

Hello,

I am considering transferring from NYC to the warsaw office of my firm.  I was wondering if there are any expats from NYC or another large US metropolis?  If so, what has been your experience like in Warsaw?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!
Monika

Hello Good Morning Moni, i am frank from ny long island, i was read your post and i can give you some advise, i was in poland many times, great wonderful country, i like it very much, last time in this agus i was stay wawalmost 2weeks so anyway , i can suggest person she have own company in WAW cent, Consulting & accounting all kind of ueropean and international business connection, so im sure she can help you,what you looking for???

Hey Monica,

Great to hear you are considering moving to Warsaw. It actually is very similar to New York. I lived in Conn. from birth until I was almost 20 years old as my Dad worked in Manhattan. In speaking to Poles here I tell them that Warsaw in the Polish NYC (except no NYY & good NY Pizza). Warsaw is a capital city, so there are many English speakers, and you can find just about any food (even some really good Sports bars n Pubs!
    I have Polish roots, n my family and I have been living in Poland for over 5 years now. The first 2 years we lived abt an 1 1/2 south of Warsaw in a city called Radom, but we now moved to a small city in southern Poland called Tarnobrzeg. Any other questions or need some help and pls contact me and I will help you as I can!

Take care, (Cześć)

Chris Wilk

P.S.- start brushing up on some basic Polish, living in NYC there are MANY opportunities to speak to Poles and even take some private lessons. The Polish people LOVE teaching others n helping them to learn the mother tongue!