ID Card update - Gozo

On 11th September we went to the Gozo ID Card office and applied. Got a letter (today)dated 11th October saying we can collect our receipt from the Gozo office and the letter also states it can be used as a temporary card, whilst cards are printed; now currently being done!
I don't think that's too bad really, one month!!! :D
I await to see what happens when we try the 'receipt' on a bus.
Oh yes, also got our yellow and white cards no problem in 7 days.

I have also had an email to say
mine is ready to pick up! After 6 months! They lost
The first lot and didn't tell us!  Roll on Monday
when I hope to have my id in my hand!
Good luck to anyone trying to get it!

I was very pleasantly surprised that it just took 1 month for us.

redmik wrote:

Pleasantly surprised?

When, according to law, your 'e-Residence Card' (NOT just a dubious receipt) should have been issued to you IMMEDIATELY - that is, there and then - INSTANTLY - upon your first and only personal visit to merely present the requisite documentation.

Some ,evidently, are very easily pleased.

Byron49 wrote:
redmik wrote:

Pleasantly surprised?

When, according to law, your 'e-Residence Card' (NOT just a dubious receipt) should have been issued to you IMMEDIATELY - that is, there and then - INSTANTLY - upon your first and only personal visit to merely present the requisite documentation.

Some ,evidently, are very easily pleased.

Oh do drop it will you? Sarcasm does not become you.
Compared to the difficulties others have had, yes I am pleasantly surprised. So knock it off eh and do us a favour?
Go somewhere else to further your own political agenda will you?
:mad:
I suppose if you went back to Ireland you wouldn't have anything to do or feel yourself to be so important. You wouldn't be living in someone else's country trying to change them. Or, try Belgium, Brussels in particular. You'd feel right at home there.

This is good news, maybe the system is speeding up?  I wonder if people who live on Gozo but applied by post will be able to collect from Gozo, that would be nice, we applied in June and had an email of acknowledgement at the beginning of September so hopefully it wont be much longer.

rainbow3 wrote:

This is good news, maybe the system is speeding up?  I wonder if people who live on Gozo but applied by post will be able to collect from Gozo, that would be nice, we applied in June and had an email of acknowledgement at the beginning of September so hopefully it wont be much longer.

If on Gozo perhaps they could drop into the local office and ask? May pay dividends?

Good idea :)

Do you know the opening times atall Mick?

* Edited to say I have found the post you made last month about opening times etc, very helpful, thanks *

Just an update for people on Gozo, we went to the office this morning and saw a very friendly and helpful lady, she took our names and id numbers and rang Malta to check on the status of our cards, they have been approved so she took our phone number and email address and says she will contact next week and let me know when they will be ready, we can pick them up from the Gozo office which she says will be relocating in two or three weeks to the passport office in Gozo. 

Whilst there we were told about 3 lots of people, including the lady before us, who had applied in May by post, had receipt of delivery by Maltapost but there was no record of them in the system so they have to re apply, bearing this in mind my advice would be if you havent heard anything go and check with the office because if you need to apply again it would be better to know asap.

Hope this helps, will update when anything else happens.

rainbow3 wrote:

Just an update for people on Gozo, we went to the office this morning

I was there too this morning collecting our bits'n'pieces :)

And that very nice woman's name is Gertrude Cammalleri (sp?) I sent an email to her Department saying how kind and helpful she had been first time we were there.

redmik wrote:
rainbow3 wrote:

Hope everything went smoothly for you too Mick :)

rainbow3 wrote:
redmik wrote:
rainbow3 wrote:

Hope everything went smoothly for you too Mick :)

Yes very much so and I edited after your latest that the very nice woman's name is Gertrude Cammalleri (sp?) I sent an email to her Department saying how kind and helpful she had been first time we were there.

Went to get Lynn's White Card and spent 3 times longer in the office than necessary because she and the staff were chatting about the birds on the islands and the virtual wipe out of all the bees here!! It's the National Sport, chatting; love it!!

Thats good, glad to hear, thanks for the name of the lady, I may do the same, she was very nice and helpful.

I think I was one of those lots of people. If my other
half hadnt gone in and asked we would of
been waiting!  And waiting and yep waiting! Thank
Goodness he went and asked!

Hi,
Glad to know you got the card so fast. Conratulations!!!!!
What all papers did you attach with your application. This will be helpful to others to know. Thanks in advance.

stevies wrote:

Hi,
What all papers did you attach with your application. This will be helpful to others to know. Thanks in advance.

That depends upon under which category one is applying and what is required is clearly stated on the relevant form.

Suffice to say I took all stated and more: pension providers certificates and letters, extra photos and extra passport copies.
Malta bank statements and bank cards.

I do not have the card yet but my receipt, which includes ID number, photo and a statement that it may be used as a temporary card until ours are printed.
That is good enough for me, especially as it only took 1 month from here on Gozo.
Had no reason to use it yet though :)

Naz23 wrote:

I think I was one of those lots of people. If my other
half hadnt gone in and asked we would of
been waiting!  And waiting and yep waiting! Thank
Goodness he went and asked!

One does have to be proactive here sometimes ;)

redmik wrote:
stevies wrote:

Hi,

That depends upon under which category one is applying and what is required is clearly stated on the relevant form.

Suffice to say I took all stated and more: pension providers certificates and letters, extra photos and extra passport copies.
Malta bank statements and bank cards.

I do not have the card yet but my receipt, which includes ID number, photo and a statement that it may be used as a temporary card until ours are printed.
That is good enough for me, especially as it only took 1 month from here on Gozo.
Had no reason to use it yet though :)

Hi Mick, can I just ask if you had to have your copies of documents and photos notarised when you handed them into the Gozo office, will be helping my daughter later on this year so was wondering, thanks

No, because the clerk checks and certifies them all. Only if you post them must they be certified.
Office on Gozo is moving soon into the Passport Office in Rabat (Victoria).

redmik wrote:

No, because the clerk checks and certifies them all. Only if you post them must they be certified.
Office on Gozo is moving soon into the Passport Office in Rabat (Victoria).

Thanks Mick :)