Question about residence

Hello all,

I moved 3 weeks ago from Belgium to Malta. So I am a EU-citizen.
I registered myself at ETC as job seeker.
I read that you can stay 90 days and then you have to get/apply for a E-residence card.
I hope to find in these 3 months a job. But what happens if I can't find a job in these 3 months?
Because you have to have work or be self-sufficient (+ health insurance) to get that residence card, is this correct?

So my main question is what after 3 months and still no job, what are the consequences to stay/getting residence card?

greetings,

Frederick

I know this 3-month-rule and I was thinking about it, too. Maybe ist is possible to change the country every three months and then start again with beeing three months looking for work.
And to be honest: There is not enough work for all workless in EU. There is nothing to worry about being a low-budget-consumer.

Please see - Your Europe: Looking for work abroad:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/wo … -benefits/

LmSke wrote:

Hello all,

I moved 3 weeks ago from Belgium to Malta. So I am a EU-citizen.
I registered myself at ETC as job seeker.
I read that you can stay 90 days and then you have to get/apply for a E-residence card.
I hope to find in these 3 months a job. But what happens if I can't find a job in these 3 months?
Because you have to have work or be self-sufficient (+ health insurance) to get that residence card, is this correct?

So my main question is what after 3 months and still no job, what are the consequences to stay/getting residence card?

greetings,

Frederick

What is your health cover in the meantime ? If you have registered as a job seeker, you might no longer be considered a tourist, so unable to use your EHIC, but not sure on that.

Once the 3 months are up you have to apply for your eResidency card, and if no job, then self sufficient - health cover, and the minimum level income or capital required