Anyone flown dogs to Malta with Emirates?

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I will be relocating to Malta in January with our two dogs (MinPin and a Chi).

I'm interested if anyone has any feedback on flying dogs with Emirates, so far they have been really helpful in planning all the flights but not seen them mentioned in the forums.

Cheers
Tim

Its not so much about the airline but the ground handlers - I know someone who brought animals from HK to Malta (not sure of airline) and was very happy, except got charged a fortune by the Malta agent for transporting them from Malta to Gozo.

my dogs will fly with emirates this wedensday
i will keep you posted

Hi Lobo81,

How did it go, all settled in your new home?

Did you send your dogs as cargo? We're having to due to flight length and now attempting to complete the SAD form. Did you complete the forms yourself or have an agent complete them? If you did them yourselves was it easy / could you provide a copy? The guy at the government wont send us the SAD form as he said it was too complicated and we'd have to employ an agent.

Any feedback and advise gratefully received.

Tim

hello
yes dogs came just fine. all went well. emirates was more than ok . yes they flew as cargo. regarding the papers since im from cyprus and its a european city i only had to fill in the maltese documents for my dogs to come which just wanted their microchips and vacination dates. i am guessing since u r coming from outside europe procedure will be different?
but i would recomend emirates to fly the dogs even though for me it was a bit expensive. i paid 1015 euros for both but they are here now :)
let me know if you need any more info

Just to say we arrived in Malta last week and Emirates and the agents they used were great.

We used Luciano at Thomas Smith for the incoming agent and he and the agent based in HK made it a very smooth process.