Moving to Damman where my job offer is coming from !

Dear Guys, my name is Jerónimo and I am brain storming myself about moving to Damman where my job offer is coming from.

I am American but brought up in Caracas and at the time being I am in Madrid, but my wife is from Caracas and she doesn't speak a word of English. Do any of you think she can pick up the language over there? On the other hand I am extremely eager that my kid picks up Arabic as well as English. Can my wife teach Spanish, lets say, for example, at a local school? 

Any insights pertaining to this venture would be greatly appreciated. I know moving to the area is going to be shocking (at first).

On the other hand, we plan to have another baby are there any issues if we decide to have it the Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia?

Take care and I will keep everyone posted. Jerónimo

Lol you can have babies any where there is no issues at all.Very Very Rare do people talk in Spanish, most of them speak English and Arabic..And Local Schools don't have the subject at all.

First of all thank you very much for your prompt reply. Right now I am discussing my contract and to be honest, I am looking forward to it, although my wife will be having a stroke once she learns that women are not allowed to drive there!!!!!:P Perhaps a breath for the Saudis? In Venezuela we drive fairly bad. As I stated before, I shall keep everyone posted. Take care.
PS Perhaps my wife & I could teach Salsa and Merengue Lessons? :)

Hi Jerónimo,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Dammam Forum for better interaction :)

You should maybe post a resume in the Language teacher jobs in Dammam section please as it might help :)

Best of luck with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team