Passport & Visa question

Most of us are able to spend 14-90 days in a decent number of countries with just our passport - no visa required.

For example, as a Canadian citizen, I'm able to stay in Malaysia for 90 days without a visa.

This type of info is easy enough to find on Wikipedia.

What I can't seem to find is good information on how long you must LEAVE a country for before re-entering, outside of the Schengen Zone anyway.

Does anyone know a good way to find this information out for any (or most) countries?

Ex: If I spend 90 days in Malaysia, how long must I leave the country before I can re-enter? Is it 90 days like the Schengen Zone in Europe, a single day, or something else entirely?

Thanks for the help!
AJ

I can comment on Malaysia.
A UK passport sounds to be about the same as your Canadian one so this is probably valid.

I took a trip to Malaysia and got the usual VOA when I landed at KLIA.
I popped over the Thailand for a day trip and, upon return about 8 hours later, got another VOA, valid for the same period as the old one.

I'm unsure what questions this might bring up if your did it more than a couple of times but once was no issue.

Cool, so definitely NOT the Schengen zone - thanks for sharing your experience!

In Indonesia, you can get a 30 day tourist visa and replace it for a further 30 days at any immigration, without leaving the country. After that, you must leave to replace it but you can re-enter same day.
I've heard of people having to answer questions from immigration officers after a few runs.

Thailand you get 30 day VOA. Then head to Laos 30 day VOA then back in to Thailand.

Hi ajwalton,

Feel free to go through this link, you might get some more information about what you are looking for. :

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t … _4361.html

Regard,

David.

Visa runs, i.e. exiting a country and re-entering after a short time for the purpose of getting a new visa, is circumventing visa rules and thus rightly seen as undesirable by most governments. How they react (and if there are official regulations or inofficial rules of thumb) differes from place to place and tends to change frequently in some countries.
In general, if the officer thinks you are up to something fishy (like work without permit) he/she can reject you at the point of entry. That is possible even if you have a valid visa!
The best advise is not to try to circumvent the rules. If your official visa time is up, leave for a long time (at least the same as you stayed in the country is probably safe everywhere). If you want to stay longer, get the proper long-term visa (e.g. for work or joining family).

Most Visa Waiver Program (VWP) countries follow similar visit rules as the USA and Schengen Area countries, that is that someone from a participating VWP nation may visit using only their passport, which must be valid for a period of at least 6 months beyond the end of any proposed stay.

They are all pretty much standard too on the visit being 90 days in any six month period. So essentially an ongoing cycle of 90 days in, 90 days out.

One thing to pay attention to is that if you're on a VWP visit to many countries, USA and Brazil are two examples, if you pop out to a neighboring country for a quick visit the clock still keeps running on your VWP visit of 90 days. So if you are in the USA and pop over to spend a week in Canada for example you'd still have that 7 days counted against your US visit.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Usually like thailand you can turn  around the same day and return . IN CAMBODIA. U can get what they call a Ordinary visa when you land at Phom Penh and get a 30 day visa and u can renew thus for up to ayear  inside the country at many Agencies for up to a year for abt 275 us if its a year u want   6 months is min  i think if you want to renew within the country . if its 3 months i believe you must exit the country and then come nack if u desire.      USUALLY A 24 hour exit is wise as its up to immigration officer , so some have   Moody days , lol.     In CAMBODIA THEY habe the tourist  ivisa for 30 days , which you can renew 1 more time within the country and then u must exit ...

yeah just wanna know more about  this

Is there any working visa in Malta specially from asian countries?:)

I do not know of any work visa for Asians in Malta.
You should check online for immigration / visa requirements for Malta

Meet other expats and join the events

OR