New to HCMC

Hi everybody,

I am relatively new in Saigon and I am keen to meet other expats or locals. Any suggestion is welcome such as bars to hang out, clubs, events etc

Cheers

I have tried the most popular bars and clubs in HCMC but I would prefer to get to know the hidden ones, with some good music and real people....

Well I would suggest you get out of D1 and spread your wings in the outer areas, if you want to meet locals try the VN beer bars

@colinoscapee : Thanks for the tip! This is going to be my next step.

Do what I did, look for places that usually have food and beer girls, I have been to that many of them its mind blowing. They are very easy to find, usually they are very noisy and nearly every major  street will have a few,. There are some really good ones and I usually find the locals want to have a chat, especially if you are in areas that not a lot of expats live, such as Tan Phu,Go Vap,D12, D9 and Thu Duc

Anyone available for a drink tonight?

Hi steven!
Did you have any funny oppoitments here, in Sai Gon?
i'm glad to found you in this foroum. You know i just a new member and for sure i want to have more new friends from here to hangout for coffee, food,.... Especially, i want to practise in speaking english more ;)
Anyway, i have a plan to meeting some of my friends in Dst. 1 to talking and go to listen to rock music. would you like to join with us :P!
Be sure with you that we very kind, friendly, funny, unthusiastic...
if you could recieved my meassge and feel interested to enjoy with us please let me know!
My email: [email protected]
hope to see your feedback!:)
have a nice day!
Thanks and best regards!

HI Steven,

Nice to meet you. If you are looking for a friend not only for a drink but also introducing you Vietnamese culture, please contact me.

I love music, beer, traveling and meeting people from other backgrounds.

Btw, I have also been in Europe, so I think we have something in common to talk :)

Anh (Stefan)

colinoscapee wrote:

Do what I did, look for places that usually have food and beer girls

Memories ... about fell in love with the Tiger Beer girl in 2002 at a little dive restaurant ... still drink Tiger Beer to this day ;)

Steven-expat wrote:

I am relatively new in Saigon and I am keen to meet other expats or locals.

Can join our BBQ in October ... meet some new people and have some fun.

ngao010388 wrote:

I love music, beer, traveling and meeting people from other backgrounds.

Hi Anh,

Hope you'll consider joining us for a BBQ ... take a look and hope to meet you there https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=306389

John

Hi mate

This is Vijesh here .. There are lots of clubs n bars .. Let me know where are you from ..Then I can give u some directions ..

At present , you can hang at Buivien street , district 1 , Hcmc.

We do play cricket & rugby in the weekends as well..

Cheers

Decibel is cool. Cargo for gigs (Black rebel Motorcycle Club played last night)

Welcome, Steven.