Where can you rent a 50cc motorbike in HCMC?

Hello everybody.

As the 50cc motorbike doesn't require a driver's license, I'm asking where you can rent these little put-putz in Hồ Chí Minh City, preferably near the airport or D1.  If you know, would you provide an address or a main street as well as what you expect the rental rate is per day for:

A SYM Candy 50cc that's an automatic
A Honda Cub 50cc that's manual
A Yamaha Max 50cc that's manual

Thank you.
THD

Hello
did you find out the answer to your question please? I have the same question.
Best wishes
Sue

Suzanne 28 wrote:

Hello
did you find out the answer to your question please? I have the same question.
Best wishes
Sue

No, and my Aussie friend has already left the country.

ok
thanks for responding so quickly :)

Suzanne 28 wrote:

ok
thanks for responding so quickly :)

I think the best bet for you, if you don't have the time to get a Giấy Phép Lái Xe (GPLX - driver's license) is to go find any shop that rents out motorbikes and ask them if they have a 50cc motorbike to rent.  When they say the 50cc is too weak or some other shoddy excuse to up-sell you to a higher engine type, then you'll know they don't have a 50cc in stock and move on to the next shop.

Those things only cost a few hundred dollars.  You might be better served buying one.  A used Honda Cub was what I started with, when I first came to Vietnam.  It was ideal for me, great for keeping a low profile and not injuring myself too bad...

Wild_1 wrote:

Those things only cost a few hundred dollars.  You might be better served buying one.  A used Honda Cub was what I started with, when I first came to Vietnam.  It was ideal for me, great for keeping a low profile and not injuring myself too bad...

For long-term Expat, yes.  But for tourists who are just here for a few weeks, it's better to rent since you can't haul it back with you on the airplane.  I originally posted this question because my Aussie friend was coming for the Convoy For Babies orphanage run and didn't have time to get a license.

Thank you so much for your help
I am a frequent visitor to Saigon, looking to establish something like a normal life here
Have spent most of today trying to find a small bike to rent and also professional lessons
Any advice you have time to give on who to contact would be most appreciated
Many thanks
Sue

i suggest bicycle can help u ;) no driver license, easy to use and not cost much money :)) just wonder if u feel disapointed when i didnt change my avatar :))