Rental of public places for outdoor events

Hi all,

I was just wondering about renting some places in public to have an outdoor event for some promotion campaign. Can we actually do that here in Vietnam?

I was thinking of having an event in District 1 or 3 in any open area or somewhere where there will be a good flow of families and children crowd. Then set up one of those big tents and have some activities going on in there.

I heard that it's quite impossible to do so but just wanna check if anyone here has any idea who I could contact if I wanted to do it.

Thanks all. Hope to hear some news.

Rgds,
Dathan

Organizing outdoor event in Vietnam is actually quite a hassle. You may need to go through the local authorities and get their approval with the scale drawings and what sort of structure to be erected at the selected area. It is not impossible but there are various advertising & event agencies who can offer their service to help and manage this for you since they are familiar and know exactly what,where,how and when to apply for the license.

Good luck.

The ward police has final says in all events in its jurisdiction.  That is a good place to start.  I really hope that you are not trying to push snake oils, though.

Haha.

What's with you and snake oils man? U really against that stuff? Anyway I'm not into that kind of stuff anyway. It's actually to organize an event for children and families. Like having some coloring and drawing contest and mascots dancing up on stage or something like that. It's kinda like a marketing event, mainly something to do with the education industry.

Siew do you know of any of these agencies?

Hey, I love those guys.  Know a couple of good ones, Anatta and Budman.  They are snake oil salesmen extraordinaires!!! 

OK.  I see!  Well...  Pick your location, talk to a couple of folks in or around that location.  They will lead you right to those who are in charge.

The best ones to talk to are the "xe oms" in that particular area.  The coffee shop people are pretty good as well. 

For the love of God, please don't walk up to a woman with children and strike a conversation.  Chances are, they are just maids, from elsewheres, and have very limited knowledge of the area.

And don't just barge into the ward police office and ask.  They might not fully understand your intentions and turn you away.