Is there advice on employment available on this site please?

Hi Everyone,

I may be coming to Dammam to take up employment. It is a real unknown territory for me, and I could do with any advice available as regards Visas, and 'cheater companies' as referred to in a previous posting on another thread.

The company have been trying to get me there since April, and now it looks like I will be going for a week long meeting with them under a Business Visa later this month. Call it an interview if you like.

Any tips what I should be careful of? I have been reading about problems associated with an Iqama? Is this a work permit or what?

Many thanks

Frasermac

Iqama is the residential and work permit (both) and is one of your most valueable assets in KSA. From getting through a police checkpost, opening a bank account or obtaining a driving license.... to leaving the country on vacation/for good, you'll need it each and every moment. It usually comes with a validity of 01 year. Having one with a valid state is mandatory at all times even when you're out for an evening walk.

You get an iqama if you land with a work visa. It's good that you are initially coming on a business visa for a week period. You'll be able to see who exactly is your employer. Just keep your eyes & ears open; and switch on those special senses :) not to miss any subtle signals. That will help you conclude on accepting or declining the final offer they're gonna present to you.

If all goes well, they'll issue you a work visa that you'll have to get stamped going back to your home country (business visas don't convert to work visas directly).

Hope this helps.

Hi TLL,
Thanks for that info.
Regards,
Frasermac