Job Opportunity in Dammam

Dear Members,

I am looking at an opportunity in Dammam with a company that is into energy. Its a managerial grade on the commercial side. They will be offering family status visa along with round tickets yearly.

Would greatly appreciate if someone assisted me on the following:

1) What kind of salary package can I look forward to? The company asked me my expectations but I have no clue about the existing standards there.

2) The company has mentioned 25% of the basic as housing allowance and 10% of the basic as transport allowance. Is that a fair deal?

3) How is Dammam as a city to live? I would be relocating with my wife and need a decent accommodation for the two of us.

Thanks,
Ash

Hello Ash.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you Aurelie...waiting for the replies :-)

Guys,

I would appreciate some replies at the earliest.

Thanks,
Ash

Bonjour, moi aussi je cherche un emploi dans le secteur du batiment.

@ayoub9100 - In english please in this Anglophone forum so that everybody can understand! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am desole. I searche jobs for saudia arabia. It's for iqama. why obtenaid ?

People,

I urgently seek your help on the points raised in my post dated 23-08

Kindly reply

Thanks

:up:

farooq_ash wrote:

1) What kind of salary package can I look forward to? The company asked me my expectations but I have no clue about the existing standards there.

2) The company has mentioned 25% of the basic as housing allowance and 10% of the basic as transport allowance. Is that a fair deal?

3) How is Dammam as a city to live? I would be relocating with my wife and need a decent accommodation for the two of us.

1. You should kindly ask them how much are they willing to pay or if they can share the salary range for that position. That's a rule when negotiating and you can back that up by explaining that you don't have that many details regarding cost of living in KSA/Dammam and that they should throw the first number and then you can start negotiating from there if the number is unsatisfactory by your standards. Maybe they will offer more than you're expecting or less, which will help you form an idea about the company you're about to work for.

2. 25% from what? If you don't have a number yet, there's nothing to calculate.

3. That's an abstract question, I think.

Here are the exact details.

11k per month as basic
2750 per month as housing allowance or company provided (family accomodation)
Transportation company provided
Medical for self

Please advise if this a good package to proceed with.

Thanks,
Farooq

Good or bad really depends on your life-style, expected savings etc. It's a not-so-good package in overall with a serious problem of absence of medical insurance for family.

Thank you for your response.

Look forward to advice/guidance from other members as well.

Thanks