KL to Langkawi from KLIA

Please tell me that how far in advance I should be at the airport . And after dropping off by taxi at airport, where should I go for boarding, I mean the exact directions towards domestic boarding counter. I am  first time travelling from KLIA to Langkawi and not aware of the lvarious counters / locations of the airport. It's a big airport and I am afraid being a new here, I shouldn't miss my flight if I take too long searching for the domestic flights counter. Mine is Malaysian Airlines. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

At least 2 hours before your time departure

It depends on where and when you want to take a cab. If from Kl area, since traffic is unpredictable, advise you leave early as possible and be in the airport at least an hour before since you are travelling with your family.

Also just drop by gate 1 to 3 at departure terminal,  close to the counters and departure gates.

Have a safe Journey!

Traffic in KL can be rather unpredictable. Best to be at the air port 2 hours prior to departure.

As for the counter, you should not have any problems. Most of the counters or Malaysians are able to converse in English for directions.

Thanks friends, It helped, got bit confused at the star when people giving different statements of check in, some said..get a self chech in and then join the que for baggage drop off, some said the baggage counters can give boarding passes aswell which was true. Joined a que and eventually got boarding passes from the same counter. Little surprised on the malaysian airlines very modest refreshments, a very small pack of cashew nuts and few drops od orange juice,...anyways when landed langkawi, felt like being on heaven again, so beautiful a place, love it. Pls tell me few main attractions that I shoul not miss:)

Perhaps this may help?

<< Trip Advisor on Langkawi Attractions >>

I am local and I kinda blushed looking at tripadvisor. Didn't know there were so many attractions in Langkawi :P

Glad you made it to Langkawi and your first impressions are positive.... I am sure you will enjoy your 3 days there.

Can't advise on what to visit as when we went we just chilled out and took a motor scooter and looked around. Decided that just being on the beach, especially around high tide and sunset is just so beautiful.

There are lots of restaurants to choose from and all are easily walkable from your hotel.  It's good to go out after dark as there are lots of things going on and it comes alive then.  Just walking up and back down the street you will see all sorts of things.  Don't go further than the Rice Field Museum as there is not much beyond that.  You can walk into any hotel and use their restaurant. So check on the boards outside to see what is on offer.

All the activities are low key and simple.  The cable car is the main attraction - especially if you have good visibility.  The clouds move in quite quickly from the sea so it changes.  As long as the wind is not too strong they continue with their service.  Apparently the skybridge is closed for major repair..

Try to see if you can get onto the water to take a look at the islands from that perspective.  There are some tours and charters available - e.g. sunset cruises etc.

Enjoy yourselves!

For a holiday treat for your wife, there is a traditional Malay Muslim massage place on the main road Jalan Pantai Tenangah which is heading away from Cenang (aquarium, airport etc.) towards the fishing village and star cruise pick up point.  It is found slightly below road level on the sea side of the road in a traditional Malay house. It has flowers and an outside balcony and is on stilts. I think it may be quite near your hotel. 

Along that part of the road are a couple of galleries selling various handmade items, including one with Japanese products

If you continue further along the road to the very end, keeping the sea on the right, its a hotel area but you can just walk around and see all the jetties and use the hotel facilities for food and drink.  There are islands visible.  Its worth exploring if you have a car.