The nightlife scene in Malaysia

Hello,

Having access to a good nightlife scene can be a determining factor for many expats upon choosing their next destination. Tell us more about the nightlife in Malaysia.

In Malaysia, what is the nighlife culture like: is it common for people to go out at night? Is there a big difference between the nightlife during the weekdays and weekends?

What are the most popular evening or nighttime activities (e.g. bars, nightclubs, shows, cultural activities, etc.)?

Is it safe to venture out in the evening and at night in Malaysia?

Is there anything in particular that surprised you about the nightlife in Malaysia?

Are there any apps or websites (or any other resources) that would help in staying informed about evening and nighttime activities?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Night Life is good but day life is bad

Night Life is good but day life is bad but if you wanna go to Malaysia then drop it coz there is very bad people . So I request you chose other country . Thailand to good try there . My WhatsApp ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

You can come to Kota Kinabalu...it is a very beautiful city...And night time very good...and food cheaper here ..Not like Kuala lumpur...And day time you can go walking in malls and shopping ...here in kota kinabalu sabah ..have a lot of islands...And sea food fresh and delicious... You must try this city ...I like it ...

For me, being able to sit out in a bar or at a food stall talking with friends late into the beautiful tropical night is one of the joys of life in Malaysia. I don't know about night clubs as I find them boring anywhere in the world, so I assume I would also find them boring in Malaysia. . . . So I haven't tried any, so can't comment on them!

Good nightlife in Malaysia is dependent on the quality of the music being played. Friday and Saturday are the main nights (and Mondays to recover from a weekend with family). Eve of public holidays are also busy. Sitting by the sea, listening to music is the best possible experience.

every country have bad and good people, it depend on you , you have to know where are you going, which place you step in, who you talking or even worse who you deal with, in bad situation. i live in Malaysia for 8 years, i have made a lots of good Malaysian and none Malaysian friend, besides i also seen lots of bad people, but i choose to not get close to them. don't judge the book by its cover, don't judge the whole nation by dealing with its 0.1%.

I don't think its so bad out here. The people are mostly nice and would greet with a smile.

Talking about nightlife, there are two areas which i have seen partying till late. Bukit Bintang or Chang kat. Has a series of clubs lined up but sometimes it doesn't seem safe. Not long ago there was a shooting incident, few days back there was a guys who went nuts and was yelling at people & throwing big stones across the street on people. But mostly havana, uptown, zion, VIP room etc are nice places to chill.

Second one was in Jalan Tun Razak which has famous clubs like TREC, Superclub Zouk and many more. The place is so crowded after 2 am that you cant get in.

So yeah! after a while you'll bored of these clubs and  maybe go to natural places like genting, camaroon highlands etc.

Malaysia does have a vibrant night life. The level of vibrancy depends on which city / town you are in. The capital is the most happening. There are many activities to choose from. Shows, shopping, food, drinks, dancing etc.

Malaysia does rank average on overall safety but just like any country one should practice basic common sense and don't walk alone to dark allies.

Just go online and you can find tones of information of activities that one can do. Remember night life is not only about clubbing.