Visiting London in Sept

Will be visiting london for 2 weeks next month.

Will appreciate tips and advice. Especially where to get good bargains,where to hang out and how to enjoy this town in two weeks.

Appreciate your response

Obviously London can be extremely expensive, so I would look out for chains of pubs such as JD Wetherspoons to eat at.

Many of the museums in London are free and are a good day out! Also if you travel by train you can often get discounts on many attractions, so keep an eye out for leaflets in train stations.

I would take a trip down the Thames as well, as you'll be able to see a lot in a short period!

Hope this helps

@gstringer...thanks lots for the tips.

I look forward to it

try and make some local friends before you come to London.. that will make it a little easy for you to visit all places worthwhile visiting..

I would never recommend a wetherspoons pub!  They are often dirty pubs, shoes stick to the floor and the clientele can be questionable. 

Eating out can be expensive but I don't think you need to find a chain to avoid that.  I find avoiding chains means you get better food and decent prices.  Trip advisor can be be good for restaurant recommendations.

In two weeks you can cover a lot but of course it will depend on what you'd like to see.  Attractions are expensive so I think pick and choose where you would really like to go.  Many of the main ones are 2 for 1 if you travel by rail.  Check out this website to see what is on offer: daysoutguide.co.uk/2for1-london

If you like street art then a walk around East London is for you.  Check out a market for sure, Camden is my favorite (skip the weekend if you want to avoid the massive crowds) but Portobello, Borough, Columbia road, and Brixton are great as well.  Southbank is a must, another fav area of mine.  Definitely stroll through a park, St James is nice and not too big, you can catch pelicans on a Sunday in the afternoon.  It is right by Buckingham Palace also.  Regents park is lovely but quite large.  Holland Park has a Japanese garden.

For paid attractions I would say if you are at all interested then Tower of London is a must.  London Eye is good but expensive, not 2 for 1 and you can get a good view in London elsewhere for free.  Greenwich is a great area, feels like a little town and many free things to see there and also a market.

I will stop there but I think what you have to do to not overwhelm yourself is to choose a few neighborhoods to explore and also see what is on in the city when you get here.  There is a facebook page called London for Free where you can get some other ideas as well.  Finally take a day trip out if you are so inclined.  Day trips are easy.

Wanderlust23 - your post is fantastic - IŽll check a few things out - thx!