Good news

for those of you with dogs.Next week several pet friendly beaches are to be announced,where dogs will be allowed to swim:D

What, dogs aren't allowed to swim!? The place I normally go regularly has owners taking their dogs with them for swims. And there's a guy who swims across Balluta bay every weekend with his pooch.

Yes, we see a lot swimming near us too:D

They cannot swim from sandy beaches or in designated swimming zones

o dear, the dogs have not read the notices then!!!!:D:rolleyes:

I don't sea (:)) why not, they would have already dumped their loads on the streets and pavements before they get to the sand ;)

even tho my dogs don't swim that's good news :)

redmik wrote:

I don't sea (:)) why not, they would have already dumped their loads on the streets and pavements before they get to the sand ;)

After the first thunderstorm it all ends up back in the sea anyway!
:cool:

Terry

Hi all,

the good news is : Not so good and nothing new !

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … ced.481553

Dogs have always been allowed to swim except in designated swimming areas and sandy beaches.

So this is just a promotional effort by the new government to cover up the issue of not changing anything.

At least near the Chalet in Sliema dogs should be better kept on a leash while swimming as most will drown in that area if there are any waves !

Cheers
Ricky

I'm told more places are to be announced.

I'm off now to check 'Tigne Point' as a dog friendly beach as TP is generally speaking not accessable to the public due to the development there !

I'll report back where the actual spot is if I can find it.

Cheers
Ricky

Back from my walk.

There is no dog friendly beach or sign between Exiles,Chalet,Tigne Point or Marsamxett harbour in Sliema!

A warden at Tigne Point said that maybe only one dog friendly beach sign was made for the news presentation but that dogs were allowed to 'swim' in the fountain at Tigne Pjazza but not in the swimming pool. Not even if residents!

Cheers
Ricky

http://292fc373eb1b8428f75b-7f75e5eb51943043279413a54aaa858a.r38.cf3.rackcdn.com/ccf2f3afea29c4d142352ec3011ae0642553781825-1376136424-52062ce8-620x348.jpg

The government has designated a number of bays as being ‘dog friendly'.
They are Bahar ic-Caghaq behind the Splash and Fun park, Marsaxlokk at Il-Maghluq, Sliema near the old Chalet, L-Ahrax near the camping site and Marsalforn in the Ta' Xwejni area.
All bays are marked by the above sign.
Dogs have to be kept on a leash when not swimming. Owners are required to take their dog bag for cleaning of faeces.

I think Ricky beat you to it,with his link  mi owd mucker.Would i be right in thinking Gozo would be more dog friendly than Malta,being more rural,and less densely populated?.

maltaforme wrote:

I think Ricky beat you to it,with his link  mi owd mucker.Would i be right in thinking Gozo would be more dog friendly than Malta,being more rural,and less densely populated?.

No! Only one beach designated.
And, if anyone lets their dog shit in front of our apartment then they will get shit from us!
It's not the dogs, it's their 'owners'!!

Sorry? No we are not, we have very short fuzes about this issue and we have both owned dogs all our lives previously.

Gozo dog bathing......................

http://gozonews.com/40208/dogs-in-gozo- … wejni-bay/

It was  general question,i didnt intend to shit in front of your apartment,me or the dog.Chill out.By a happy coincidence i will be moving to xaghra at the end of August.See you soon.

maltaforme wrote:

It was  general question,i didnt intend to shit in front of your apartment,me or the dog.Chill out.By a happy coincidence i will be moving to xaghra at the end of August.See you soon.

When you get here you will understand.

maltaforme wrote:

Merhba..............and mine was a general rant.

redmik wrote:
maltaforme wrote:

Merhba..............and mine was a general rant.

We both love dogs but there is dog shit everywhere and that is just about the only negative thing I would say about being here.
You'll see.

to be fair Red its everywhere - although I think Mellieha fairs quite well really.

That's exactly what I was saying. It is getting better but still a long way to go before it becomes part of the general dog owning consciousness here.
Not everyone is irresponsible, I know that but in general.
And how many dogs do you see off a leash?

muat admit in my experience i havent see many in Mellieha. But then am not going out searching for them....maybe two this year. having said that i do know on SME there is a dog barking problem.

Not sure what being on or off the leash has to do with the problem of dog poo. I walk our dog sometimes off and sometimes on a leash but always pick up.
The problem around where we live is Maltese who just let the dogs out first thing to wander around until they poo, then return them to the roof or garage to bark all day. No lead, no owner and not bothered about poo as long as its not in front of their home.

Terry

NIMBYs then!!!!!

toonarmy9752 wrote:

NIMBYs then!!!!!

More like NIMFY's :)

We watch the dog walkers 'pick up' - ensuring they're being watched - but around the corner the plastic bag and its contents are either dropped next to a wall or curb, and in our case, tossed into the bushes that line the green area in front of our apartment block. Double trouble.