Places to visit in Chiang Mai

Hi,

For the ones living in Chiang Mai, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Chiang Mai, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Chiang Mai?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hey there!

Off the top of my head, I would say visit "the sticky waterfall", Pai, Tiger Kingdom, the many delicious restaurants and perhaps do a cooking course, and the Huay Tung Tao lake. Look at my blog to grab some more ideas: marketofeden.blogspot.com. And I hope you enjoy Chiang Mai!

Hello adrianfleur.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards.

Karen :)

Depends on their interest though. For family, going to do the Mahout training at elephant camps for 3-4 days is very interesting.
Food!!Don't know, local Chiang Mai food is very healthy, lower calorie, and lower in price. There for learning Chiang Mai cooking is also great opportunity.

You can drive out of the city a bit to visit local villages in Samkampaeng and Doi Saket, lots of handicraft products and you can learn how to do those with local people too.

i want t see small places/villages in the north

Hi khokhar111,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Your posting is quite vague. Please note that the title of this thread is Places to visit in Chiang Mai.

Do you have any information to share with the members?

How can we help you?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

dear hasanaa

i will be in thailand for a couple of weeks for holiday during december. i dont like big cities much though i will spend couple of days in bengkok.then i will explore north thailand as it is a mountainous region with nice landscape and weather. i need guidance from local people about sights and lodging in and around chiang mai. cheers

how can the private message system b fully activated? Thank you !

When you have a certain number of posts then the system will be activated. This is to stop trolls and scammers