Just arrived in Chiang Mai - lots of queries...

I just arrived in Chiang Mai to stay for a year or more but have several queries about settling in and things i could use:

1. Interested in some Thai lessons with a 'well priced' private Thai language teacher... having learn for about 6 months by book and conversation i want to correct and improve my Thai conversation.

2. Anything 2nd hand, whether shops, markets or classifieds and anything from sports accessories to apartment furniture...

3. Sports: football teams; Thai, expat or a mix... squash; courts and anyone who would like a game, cycling; still need to buy a road/touring bike but also want a good mechanic/shop and any cycling clubs, groups or good runs... Gym; a well priced place (sauna, herbal steam room a plus) - preference in the sub 1000 bhat/month range and anywhere up to 10km from the old city in any direction...

So quite a lot, and i'm spending my days looking for my apartment and all the above but if anyone has any information or advice then it would certainly help....

Hi Wix,

I also just arrived in Chaing Mai, if you liked to perhaps meet up for coffee, tea I could share what i have learned so far

Kellie

Hey, great to get a reply! That sounds like a great offer, yes i'd like to meet up. I'm free almost any time so maybe you'd like to suggest a place and time good for you?

Best, Lee

Ok,

there is a restaurant called the 3 pigs, its by Chaing Puak Market, (is off the main ) on the main road just up from the Ford delership, its between the Medicare building and the tesco store. Do you have an idea of where I am speaking of?

Kellie

Lee,

Anyime is fine with me, no real schedule here.

Kellie

how about monday next week, meet at tapae gate benches at 11am?

that sound fine, maybe you could give me a description of yourself? so i don't start talking to the wrong guy!

well, im about 5'11", short dark brown hair, av build and probably will be on my road bike which is red, white and black. And you?

age range?, 5'2 Strawberry blonde hair, green eyes approx 120 pounds

age range 18-36...

lol nice range! :)

Facebook has second hand chiang mai.  Go to groups on fb then type in second hand chiang mai.  Also google cmcc want ads thailand and subscribe.  Its the chiang mia christian community support group.  There is an athletic club at the back of computer city  located on manee noparat rd by wat lok molee.  Manee noparat is the main east west road on the north side of the moat.  No swimming pool at this club but most of the resorts and hotels have day pass use for 100 tb.  Don' t know about bicycles.  You may have noticed thais are motorcycle and car crazy.

??