Employment Visa Processing

Hi everyone,

I would like to know please how long does it take to process an employment visa after having submitting all the relevant documents to the company for visa. The company is a semi-governmental entity. I had a security check which took more than a month.

Many thanks

Employment Visa - for purposes of arrival into UAE, can be done in one (1) day.  This is upto the Employer and his PRO.  Sometimes the PRO takes his own time to process it, or the HR does not push it.  So they may take a few weeks also.  Once you arrive, you have to finish the medicals, Emirates ID etc before they process your Visa stamping on the passport.  This circuit could again take from 10 days to anything.  Here the delay is due to the Emirates ID, apart from the Employer's urgency shown.

mjrv wrote:

Employment Visa - for purposes of arrival into UAE, can be done in one (1) day.  This is upto the Employer and his PRO.  Sometimes the PRO takes his own time to process it, or the HR does not push it.  So they may take a few weeks also.  Once you arrive, you have to finish the medicals, Emirates ID etc before they process your Visa stamping on the passport.  This circuit could again take from 10 days to anything.  Here the delay is due to the Emirates ID, apart from the Employer's urgency shown.

Many Thanks for your reply. I am already in the UAE, how does this change?

Further to my earlier message, I am already in the UAE on a tourist visa.