Anyone at Petro Rabigh? Need info please

Hello everyone,

This one is for any current or ex Petro Rabigh employee.

I am being offered a job at Petro Rabigh (PR), I am moving from US to there. Can you please share your thoughts on the followings:

1. How are the houses at PR? Are these good houses? How much are they furnished?

2. Are there any crimes in the society?

3. What kind of schooling is offered by the company? Are these good schools?

4. Being a remote area, I am sure there will be a local market too. Is it good one for day-to-day needs?

5. What kind of local hospital there?

6. What is the major cost of living there? Is it expensive?

7. What are the social activities there (if any :))

8. Any do's and dont's you want to suggest please?

I thank you all in advance for your suggestions and advice.

Anyone?

:up:

1. How are the houses at PR? Are these good houses? How much are they furnished? The houses are well appointed and furnished.

2. Are there any crimes in the society? Every society has crime, however compared to where you are from it is nearly zero crime.

3. What kind of schooling is offered by the company? Are these good schools? Unsure of this, however there are international schools down in Jeddah which is about 160 km away.

4. Being a remote area, I am sure there will be a local market too. Is it good one for day-to-day needs? Sure there are local markets that are excellent. No need to worry about this.

5. What kind of local hospital there? Best hospitals are down in Jeddah.

6. What is the major cost of living there? Mostly inexpensive, however this depends on your entertainment, car you buy, weekend trips abroad. Is it expensive? No.

7. What are the social activities there (if any ) You are near the Red Sea...diving, swimming, boat trips. Try going inland to Tiaf. If you are Muslim then Mecca is close by.

8. Any do's and dont's you want to suggest please? Come with an open and compassionate mind. If your wife is joining you she will need to conform to the dress code and cannot drive. If she is a stay at home mum, she will become very bored quickly, unless your wife enjoys doing visual art, reading, writing. Maybe she can start up a club where you are living. If you are arriving soon, be prepared for the heat. Think of Florida heat but hotter, then you have an idea. Best of luck.

I thank you all in advance for your suggestions and advice.