I need pie!

Guys,

I need pie. Seriously though, I don't have an oven in my apartment, and I don't know anyone who does. I haven't had pie since Thanksgiving and I've been craving it like crazy!

Does anyone know of a place where I can get some good pie??? (Location and price, please)

What type of pie do you like ? :P

Anything really except for pecan pie....that stuff is gross haha. Do you know of a place?

Why not try a Vietnamese one? Vietnamese curried chicken pot pie - could be delicious ;):D

Try Don's Pie shop on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia near KFC just north of Vo Thi Sau. Good chicken pie and good cheesecake.

No guys! I meant sweet pie! Haha

Like cherry pie, or apple pie, or banana cream pie.....
Oh my gosh, I'm just making it worse for myself :/

Danielle,

Why dont you go to Au Parc at district 1. They have apple pie, apple and mango crumble. Or else, you can go to the coffee bean, they have apple crumble.

Enjoy the pie!

My taste my recipe ! Why don't you make it by yourself I wonde....rrrrrr.... ? !! ;)

Why are you wondering? She mentioned it in above, that she doesn't have an oven..

Danielle,

Why dont you go to Au Parc at district 1. They have apple pie, apple and mango crumble. Or else, you can go to the coffee bean, they have apple crumble.

Enjoy the pie!

Now you're making me hungry... :P:D

My taste my recipe ! Why don't you make it by yourself I wonde....rrrrrr.... ? !! ;)

Why are you wondering? She mentioned it in above, that she doesn't have an oven..

:lol: - dont you just love this forum!! :lol:

Have you checked at "tous les jours" or "Paris Baguette", sure they have something.

Could also check out "bread talk".

You find all of them together on Cao Thang street and there are a few more there too. Also in Vincom you find them all on the same level.

@ngaunhien - Are you good in making pie's then? :rolleyes:

May be you could bake darago01 a pie ?:P:D

most of the german restaurants in the city sell apple pie, the lion beer garden next to the carravele hotel or the one next to hard rock cafe, forgot the name but is on the first floor. enjoy

jazzy851 wrote:

Danielle,

Enjoy the pie!

Now you're making me hungry... :P:D

:lol: - dont you just love this forum!! :lol:

Ha ha ha !!  I thought another PIE !  Which is no need oven to bake !  :D

jazzy851 wrote:

@ngaunhien - Are you good in making pie's then? :rolleyes:

May be you could bake darago01 a pie ?:P:D

If she does offer me

If she does offer me

Well you can ask her :P:P

jazzy851 wrote:

If she does offer me

Well you can ask her :P:P

:lol:

JulesVn wrote:

Try Don's Pie shop on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia near KFC just north of Vo Thi Sau. Good chicken pie and good cheesecake.

Is it baked cheesecake or the philly-filled type? You may just make my day :D

Baked I believe Certainly worth a taste.

If anyone would like to make me a pie....who am I to stop them :P

I've been to a Tours Le Jour near my apartment and no luck, but I am definitely going to visit Au Parc and Cao Thang street :D

If you're going down Cao Thang from Ng Thi Minh Khai direction 3-2st., the Paris Baguette is right at the corner of the intersection Cao Thang/Ng Thi Minh Khai on the LH side. The Bread talk is on the RH side and if you walk/drive down a bit, you can see another french bakery on the LH side.

snake77 wrote:

If you're going down Cao Thang from Ng Thi Minh Khai direction 3-2st., the Paris Baguette is right at the corner of the intersection Cao Thang/Ng Thi Minh Khai on the LH side. The Bread talk is on the RH side and if you walk/drive down a bit, you can see another french bakery on the LH side.

Gracias! :D

Have you ever tried an no-bake pies? There are many types of pies that require no baking and can be made very easy at home.

http://www.recipelion.com/Pies/13-No-Ba … ie-Recipes

Oh my lord!!! Thank you! I looked at some previously, but the ones I looked at required a pre-made pie crust (which I gave up on as soon as I read it). But there's some on here with a no-bake Oreo crust! I will definitely be making one of these in the near future :D

:dumbom:

Sweet pies not meat pies

Oh how funny! I feel for you sister.

I finally went out and got an oven so I could cook and bake halfway decent western food, especially baked goods like pies, cakes, cookies for my many friends here.

I know your craving was 2 months ago, but it really made me laugh. Sorry for your pain and I hoped you found some real pie.

Making pie is expensive here!

Well savory pies are awesome too!

vanessacorey wrote:

Sorry for your pain and I hoped you found some real pie.

Nope, I have yet to eaten any pie here. I found a few places that sell cheesecake and apple crumble, but it's not the same, haha. Oh well, one day :P

That is truly sad.

Pie for everyone and everyone for pie says I!

Maybe we'll have to get together sometime over homemade pie. I love to bake, but I only bake deserts when I plan to have company or otherwise share them at some kind of get together.

Vanessa

Actually one of the best meat pies I had here was in Vung Tau, a small eatery owned by an Aussie. I mean, I had better pies before... but down here, I think it can be considered a treat. Try the fish and chips as well, quite authentic taste... I guess Mr Don should be able to provide the address since he's based there. I never fail to stop by whenever I visit VT.

@ ngaunhien: She said she does not have oven in her apartment.

Bayview Cafe-Grill
144 Ha Long Street
Along front beach near ferry terminal

vanessacorey wrote:

That is truly sad.

Pie for everyone and everyone for pie says I!

Maybe we'll have to get together sometime over homemade pie. I love to bake, but I only bake deserts when I plan to have company or otherwise share them at some kind of get together.

Vanessa

Yes! I never say no to pie! :P

darago01 wrote:
vanessacorey wrote:

Sorry for your pain and I hoped you found some real pie.

Nope, I have yet to eaten any pie here. I found a few places that sell cheesecake and apple crumble, but it's not the same, haha. Oh well, one day :P

Are you craving pies too???

I have a little eatery, With a convection oven. your more than welcome to use it as long as I get a piece of the pie.

Charlie

jinxedta wrote:

I have a little eatery, With a convection oven. your more than welcome to use it as long as I get a piece of the pie.

Charlie

Ooooooo, it would be nice to make some pies for thanksgiving! :D

darago01 wrote:
jinxedta wrote:

Charlie

Ooooooo, it would be nice to make some pies for thanksgiving! :D

We are doing a pot luck at my place for thanksgiving.
Just a bunch of us expats bringing what they make best and or what they buy best lol.

Oh wow, that sounds cool! We're actually in the process of coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving. My husband has many Vietnamese friends and we want to share the joy of Thanksgiving with them, so it seems he's making me cook, or buy ;) food for everyone.

darago01 wrote:

Oh wow, that sounds cool! We're actually in the process of coming up with ideas for Thanksgiving. My husband has many Vietnamese friends and we want to share the joy of Thanksgiving with them, so it seems he's making me cook, or buy ;) food for everyone.

You can't have Thanksgiving without Turkey; it's not called Turkey Day for nothing you know.  And of course you gotta have....pumpkin pie!