American man marrying a non muslim Saudi woman

Which Witch,
Your reality is not reality. Who said anything about living in the West? Just not Saudi.

No body heard of the court case "Al-Khobar girl" who was convinced to Christianity and smuggled out of the country ??!!..The case was filed by the girl's parents against a Saudi and a Lebanese, who convinced her to embrace Christianity and facilitated her escape out of the Kingdom. They are both in Jail now and had been for the last two years.

How about the Bahraini princess and the American Solder story ??..

It will not be taken Softly, Get real....

WHATEVER IT TAKES

ahmadaq wrote:

No body heard of the court case "Al-Khobar girl" who was convinced to Christianity and smuggled out of the country ??!!..The case was filed by the girl's parents against a Saudi and a Lebanese, who convinced her to embrace Christianity and facilitated her escape out of the Kingdom. They are both in Jail now and had been for the last two years.

How about the Bahraini princess and the American Solder story ??..

It will not be taken Softly, Get real....

That sounds scary. Tell us about some love stories with happy endings. ;)

I'll do my best. She is so worth it.

haha you're older than my dad, and shes younger than me

id imagine current event references alone you guys dont mesh on.  She must love one of two things from you.  lulz

Simply complicated eh! Easiest way is if she can go out to US  and you both relocate and marry there... I don't think conversion for any of you will be required then .... unless desired by self...

Out here only way is if u embrace Islam... but check out legalities post tht too....as someone pointed above.... if u guys really love each other changing religion on ur Iqama won't matter..... or will it ? ;>

You should take a copy of the above convo and put it in your new book awwwww sorry but  what's her name ?

Momo Ajmi wrote:

You should take a copy of the above convo and put it in your new book awwwww sorry but  what's her name ?

Hahaha....:cheers:

corazon02 wrote:

We just started talking. Perhaps I will write a book about it some day. If I'm being mysterious it's for her protection and mine. I will tell you this though, this feeling is the most intense I have ever felt toward anyone in all my years. I wish everyone could feel what I am feeling since meeting her. My heart beats like a symphony whenever I even think of her, and I will fight to no end for her to be my wife.

If you haven't actually met "her" in real life, there's a chance that she might actually be a very bored http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Libby/leghump.gif guy. It's ok buddy, happens to the best of us.

corazon02,

Dont take me wrong or dont think that I am trying to underestimate you. I am just going to tell you the reality about your current feelings about her. No doubt love is blind & when u r in love everything looks green. You tend not to think of the negative aspects but all you see is positive in your partner. At present you may see that everything is working out between both of you, compromising, love, understanding each other. Or I should say that till date there would have been alot of understanding. But the actual game starts when u r married, share a room & the bed. Till now you both are enjoying the positive side or should I say the good part of each other but the other part is yet to be seen.

Dont know much about her she is just 25. Its hard to find mature girls in this part of the world, who lives in reality & have a practical approach. Possibly she is just enjoying the music as its her very 1st instance to get into a relationship & finding someone who madly loves her. But as soon as she comes out of this beautiful dream & bubble bursts, you will realize that for her it was just something timely & she might not be able to adjust in US or adjust with you. What I have seen most of the girls (but not all) do such mistakes due to their immature thinking. At present she will be ready to do anything & everything for you & you stand at the same place but with the passage of time once you both get married & start living together it will completely be a different ball game.

I have seen couples having into a relationship for 9 years & got married but their marriage could not continue for more than a month. In order to marry someone its really important that you should see that what is her/his background, her/his cultural values. Is he/she understand the things which she/he will face after getting married or he/she just making irrational decision cuz he/she never been into the relationship & exploring it for the 1st time & loving every bit of it.

When you start up with something new which you really love all you can see the good part of it but after sometime you start to get to know its bad parts too. So the choice is yours.

People will have different opinions what you are trying to do or going for but you will tend to ignore everyone & not going listen  whatever anyone says or shows negativity towards this situation.

You are in a state of not leaving her at any cost & willing to try anything to get along with her.

But my advise is do whatever you feel like & in case if things don't turn out to be right at least you will have a lesson to learn.

I believe on learning things the hard way.

In our country [PAKISTAN] we have a saying which is translated in English as follows

"In Love even the Donkey looks like an Angel" so its the color of love for you that you see everything green at present & rule out any possibilities that this relationship might create any problems for you or for her in future.

Words of wisdom!.............definitely take what was written above and ponder your situation!

Guys, you're wasting your breath.  I realized that pretty quickly so just wished him well. 

My thought is that when push comes to shove, the girl won't leave her family, which in this culture means everything.

Are you aware of Erik Erikson's Theory?

http://www.support4change.com/index.php … Itemid=108

If you two are in-love nothing will come between this. Therefore wait for at least a year before even thinking of tying the knot. If you have children from a previous marriage, I would assume they are her age, if not older. So it could be an idea for your children to meet their future mother in-law. Also think about how she raises the children. This will no doubt be under  Islamic principles which I am sure you have carefully considered and are most happy with that decision. 

Best of luck.

[Moderated: Rude]

I like it, where this is heading.. :)

GreatLaker wrote:

[Moderated: Rude]

Why attack her?  What she said that you have quoted is true.  And here, the Saudi women I know--not wealthy but middle class--do work but also have housemaids, nannies and drivers (making life a whole lot easier).

What surprizes me most about this is the popular cynicism throughout, mostly rationalized by the cultural factors. Of course I get that. But there is more to this saga...and a turn has also just been taken. Perhaps I will share later on.

corazon02 wrote:

Perhaps I will share later on.

Perhaps I will wait with baited breath ;)

@Which witch....You say... Is she ready to live like most women in the West - to be a cook, a house cleaner, a driver, a maid, a nanny, and to have a job at the same time?

Yes, us western women can multi-task rather well. In-fact we are excellent at this, as we make delicious food for our family, clean our homes with pride, knowing that others are not nosing into our private lives. Driving....us western women are mostly safe drivers who enjoy the freedom to drive anywhere.

Some can afford to have a fully staff house working at a decent wage...not some unethical pay of 1-2000SAR monthly job..that is slave labour. Yes, the majority of us are what you call maids and nannies to our families...and why not? We would rather be the pride female bringing up our own children than have an (un)educated stranger who is not a blood relative.  Thank goodness, like many western men, my honey enjoys cooking for us. We take turns…like most Western couples do. He vacuums too when I ask him. Housework is actually a workout and is therapeutic. You should try it!
Many western women run a house and have a job at the same time yet many don't. We are lucky in the west as we have choices; to hire a maid, or a stranger, to bring up our kids. Yet most of us make the smart choice!

We have choices; which car we want, where we want to drive...we are free. We have choices, like working if we wish. Don't judge all western women to be the same, as many of us do not judge all Arabs to be a certain type. Those who do judge, are uneducated, unenlightened...perhaps been bought up by an uneducated nanny??

There are expat women on this forum who have made the choice to come to Saudi and many come alone. Let all of us give thanks and respect to every expat woman who made a choice to come alone to Saudi. How brave they are.
So I do hope “she is ready to live like most women from the west”….brave, multitasked, super women…that is what the majority are.

The way I read it, which witch was in no way denigrating Western women.

Rather, she was questioning whether the Saudi girl (who quite possibly grew up with housemaids, nannies and drivers) knew the norm for women in the US.

Also, I would strongly disagree that 'many of us can afford to have a fully staff house..."  Maybe wealthy people, but most of us aren't wealthy.  Only people I know--middle class--who had help had a cleaning woman come in one afternoon a week.

And as for work being a choice, for many, unfortunately, it's not--it's a necessity.  It requires two salaries to raise a family (unless, as mentioned above, one is wealthy).

You are correct Alliecat, therefore I changed 'many to some'. Typo mistake on my part.

suzan wrote:

You are correct Alliecat, therefore I changed 'many to some'. Typo mistake on my part.

Typo?  Girl, that entire rant was a bit much.   It's right up there with who can make the best Velveeta and baloney sandwich... on Wonder bread.

By the way, I'm a former US Army brat who grew up overseas.  We weren't rich, but whenever we could, we had cleaning help just because my father believed in helping the locals out financially.   (His grandmother cleaned houses for a living when he was a kid.)  Anyway, I thought it odd that my mother always tidied up things right before the cleaning lady arrived.  Go figure.  In the US, my dad does all the housework and cooking---the military trained him well.

Okay, back to the topic of Romeo and Juliet.  Or should I say Layla and Majnun...

go home you are drunk :P

Drunk in love perhaps

corazon02 wrote:

Drunk in love perhaps

this guy is just epic.. im sure u are enjoying all this

Surely u r. Just enjoy the time.

To all you non-supporters. Congratulations! Your negativity and skepticism prevailed. I'm so glad we are not related. Good luck with your lives.

To everyone, I only wish you would experience just once the intensity of what I felt in the past 4 1/2 months. It was heaven on earth. At least I had a taste of it.

corazon02 wrote:

To all you non-supporters. Congratulations! Your negativity and skepticism prevailed. I'm so glad we are not related. Good luck with your lives.

To everyone, I only wish you would experience just once the intensity of what I felt in the past 4 1/2 months. It was heaven on earth. At least I had a taste of it.

Now wait a minute.  What some anonymous people said on a small blog floating around somewhere in the outer peripheries of cyberspace couldn't have/shouldn't have influenced a love so great as the one you said you had.

Tell us *what* happened.

Where did I say it influenced anything? I said their skepticism prevailed. Two completely different terms and meanings. And to get off topic of my initial inquiry to simply entertain inquiring minds would only deminish the hope of such a story ever happening. Let's just say it's complicated...and perhaps, I was blind. But I will never forget and I will always carry that joy with me. The good thing is, you just never know what the future unfolds. Incredible things still do occur as the moons pass.

Your post seemed to be blaming the negativity/skepticism for the failure of your romance since you say it 'prevailed' (triumphed).

corazon02 wrote:

The good thing is, you just never know what the future unfolds. Incredible things still do occur as the moons pass.

You're right--wish you all the best in the future.

Dont be mad because we were right lol

Well, you too are right. It did have that undertone to it. Skepticism and I rub the wrong way. Especially when it invoves a subject that has the potential to elevate us beyond anything we could ever dream of. All I wanted was to share that joy and hope that those who haven't could also experience it. It's incredible.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

Dont be mad because we were right lol

I am not angry. And you were not right. You were simply skeptical. And to me, it's a sad and lonely way to live.

no, i was right. there is no way someone half your age has anything in common with you.  seriously.

Freshlikesushi wrote:

no, i was right. there is no way someone half your age has anything in common with you.  seriously.

You walk around as if you have this fathom knowledge about all humanity. And you continue to convey it with such negativity. Imagine what you could do and what you could achieve in your life if you used your energy in the opposite manner. Please try. You will see your relationships will double with happiness and those around you will gravitate toward you to feed off of. That would be a great gift to give of youself. 
And as a consolation, we shared the most beautiful of what life has to offer...a common love of onanother. Like I said, it's complicated.

its ok. mid life crisis are a hard thing to handle sometimes.  you will pull through

Freshlikesushi wrote:

its ok. mid life crisis are a hard thing to handle sometimes.  you will pull through

Don't let you ego get in the way. You can do much better. Good luck

im extremely happy lol.  i married someone with my same ideals and well....generation

Hi
You will not be able to marry her at any circumacstances
If you wish to continue living here and your marriage to be done that means she should get another nationality ( non Islamic ) and she converts to another region 
OK what about if you convert to Islam ! You still not be able to do it officially due to age restriction.
My advice , don't even try to do it abroad and come back here. You will defentily harm her