American man marrying a non muslim Saudi woman

waves4ever wrote:

Hi
You will not be able to marry her at any circumacstances
If you wish to continue living here and your marriage to be done that means she should get another nationality ( non Islamic ) and she converts to another region 
OK what about if you convert to Islam ! You still not be able to do it officially due to age restriction.
My advice , don't even try to do it abroad and come back here. You will defentily harm her

You need to read the entire thread, not just the initial post, when you reply on this blog.  As it is, this marriage is over (as predicted) before it even began!

waves4ever wrote:

Hi
You will not be able to marry her at any circumacstances
If you wish to continue living here and your marriage to be done that means she should get another nationality ( non Islamic ) and she converts to another region 
OK what about if you convert to Islam ! You still not be able to do it officially due to age restriction.
My advice , don't even try to do it abroad and come back here. You will defentily harm her

Age ristriction? That's none existant in a country that allows a father to marry off his nine-year-old daughter to a 70 year old man. Which I oppose, by the way. But that' for another forum. Even so, we would have had her father's permission, the marry back in the States. Again other complication beyond manifested. It's dust in the Saudi wind.

Thanks

I am against early marriage
What I meant here is that (legally) if non Saudis want to marry saudis , there should be certain age gaps that was defined by the government

Wow can't believe myself... I really read the whole thread! :) First time to hear a non Muslim Saudi woman too... :)

religion is a mindset, nothing more

He was expecting a solution rather being questioned about his choice. I seriously feel pity for corazon02's quest for help

Muhammad Aamer wrote:

He was expecting a solution rather being questioned about his choice. I seriously feel pity for corazon02's quest for help

People tried to help him, initially, but he didn't want to hear it.  He was like a school boy, just wanting to *gush* about how in love he was.

As for a solution, I guess he got it (as was predicted).

55 Vs 25 don't work anywhere, it never worked I presume. Still wish them good luck keeping in view their current situation and location :)

Alliecat wrote:
Muhammad Aamer wrote:

People tried to help him, initially, but he didn't want to hear it.  He was like a school boy, just wanting to *gush* about how in love he was.

As for a solution, I guess he got it (as was predicted).

Amazing.

Now, I suspect this case don't even exist. This person is trying to engage everyone for no reason but successfully wasting everyone's time unfortunayely. God knows the best

Muhammad Aamer wrote:

Now, I suspect this case don't even exist. This person is trying to engage everyone for no reason but successfully wasting everyone's time unfortunayely. God knows the best

If anyone deserves any pity whatsoever, it is you. Out of everyone who has made any contribution, positive or negative, yours has just taken the cake. And don't insult God that way.

Muhammad Aamer wrote:

55 Vs 25 don't work anywhere, it never worked I presume. Still wish them good luck keeping in view their current situation and location :)

But more than the age difference, Muhammad, it is a cultural difference.

We all cheer for the underdog, the Romeo in a Romeo-Juliet situation--but the reality is, it usually doesn't work.  That's what people were trying to tell him.

What I keep thinking of, though, is the famous line from Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem 'In Memoriam:27, 1850':  'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  So in this respect, you could say he's a lucky man.

See, again you're distracting us off the topic.
You're probably the most experienced guy on this forum. If you can't deal with situations like this, then who else could do?

See, again you're distracting us off the topic.
You're probably the most experienced guy on this forum. If you can't deal with situations like this, then who else could do?

Alliecat wrote:
Muhammad Aamer wrote:

But more than the age difference, Muhammad, it is a cultural difference.

We all cheer for the underdog, the Romeo in a Romeo-Juliet situation--but the reality is, it usually doesn't work.  That's what people were trying to tell him.

What I keep thinking of, though, is the famous line from Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem 'In Memoriam:27, 1850':  'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  So in this respect, you could say he's a lucky man.

Thank you Alliecat, and that is exactly what I've come out of this with. Yet again, there is more to this saga that I haven't and cannot disclose. The future is still a mystery. And if I "gushed", so I "gushed". But damn did it feel good. Exit, stage left...for now; or rather, Elvis has left the building.

corazon02 wrote:

And if I "gushed", so I "gushed". But damn did it feel good.

Yeah, you gushed--but I surely do understand about wanting to feel good :)

Best of luck to you.

Hi everyone….  Ive just read all the posts and have to say that Corazon02 sounds like several men I've known who gone through OR are going through their mid-life (have to feel good times…)  and have an infatuation with other women, esp the young women.  Im sure he feels on top of the world that a 25 year old "loves" him!  Any man in their 50's looking for love would feel the same way…  But REALLY?  :whistle:  This sounds like the typical online "love affair" to me.  :dumbom:  Just my thoughts!  :D

interesting

Wow, this is an interesting thread, just read it all... must say, some users were being unnecessarily harsh and judgemental about the OP's situation.

Anyway, must mention here a friend's experience.  A Caucasian British teacher friend (in his mid 30s) was walking out of a mall this past September on the Saudi national day holiday.  He walked through the parking lot, exited it, and crossed over to the other side of the street running next to the mall.  As he reached the other side of the street, he was approached by 2 Saudi girls from behind him, who apparently had followed him out of the mall, through the parking lot, and on to the other side of the street!

They were covered ninja-style.  Then they proceeded to de-veil themselves.  Not only did they uncover their faces, they took off their head coverings completely, letting all their hair out! :o.

One of them said "my friend likes you."  Then they asked for his number, and said a few things, which perhaps somewhat expected, are still shocking:

"We are atheists."
"We hate Saudi Arabia."

Then they asked him where he lives, and he pointed in the direction of the compound, which is visible from where they were standing.  So their next question was if there is (or if he has) alcohol in the compound.

Then they hurriedly put their head coverings back on and walked back in the direction of the mall.  He said they looked young, anywhere between 18 and 23 or so.  It was difficult for him to judge, as it would be for most foreigners, due to the fact that Saudi women are covered in public and us foreigners hardly ever interact with them.  He did say one of them had braces :).

According to my intensive computations, they broke 5 major taboos within that 5 minute interaction!

Another friend, Irish, in his mid 40s, was working in Al Jazira Bank a few years ago.  One of his colleagues was a Saudi woman in her mid 20s.  He used to tell us stories of how she would always walk up to him and brush her body (arms, shoulders) lightly against his side of the body, want pics (selfies) taken with him, and just was overly interested in being next to him inside the bank.  She basically made it clear to him that she wanted to sleep with him, and was not unsubtle about it, in fact, was rather aggressive!  The best part of it all was that he is gay :lol:.

So yeah, if you are a good looking Caucasian male, watch out for those predatory young Saudi women! (not making any implications here regarding the OP's ex-situation)

Hello,
As a saudi citizen I'll tell you what I know about what you have to do
This marriage needs a permit from the ministry of interior. You must first file a Moaamalh in the amarah of Riyadh and provide them with all the needed documents, she is 25 years old so it's ok for her. If she is younger she can not marry a non Saudi man. Her father MUST be convinced and acceting your marriage and do all this process for her, otherwise they won't even accept to look at your documents.
Anyway I advise you go and ask them, they will tell you in amarah/emarah what you should do in detail.
Wish you a good luck

I know this is old and you may never read it, but I have to reply.  I think this is probably just a super touchy subject for me, so it's probably  just rubbing me the wrong way.  All legal matters aside, being born to parents of a specific religion and coming from a certain land does not dictate a person's religion.  She's an adult and chooses to consider herself a non-Muslim.  Therefore, she is not a Muslim.  I have similar talks with my children.  A person's place of residence, the country they were born in, their ethnicity, etc, are not the same thing as their religion.  All Americans are not white or Christian.  All Arabs are not Muslim.

Sounds to me that she wants to marry you to get out of the whole chaos and problems in her life hehe. have you at least considered or look to the situation that she might use you?
Careful a lot people do that. (have some friends have the same situation now the end up heartbroken)
Good luck :)