Move to Berlin

Hey,

I'm going to move to Berlin in next month and I will probably stay there for 90 days(that's all I can stay as a tourist). Then I will move to another country in Europe(I haven't decided which one yet).

Do you guys think 1k euros a month(that's what I make a month as a freelancer programmer, sometimes I make more) would be enough to live there?

Which hoods are good to live? I really like places where there are good public transportation, safety, stores and restaurants and 24 hour places.

A friend of mine told me about the Wohngemeinschaft. Does anyone know where I can find a place like that to live?

What are the good places to get to know people? Places to go shopping? Places to go out at night? BTW, I want to make local friends too, not only other expats.

Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks!

Hi fernandovalente,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through some topics on the Berlin forum, you may find some more information.

Regards,

David.

€1000 is enough for a simple lifestyle in Germany.
However, as a tourist on a short visit, you are likely to need more. You will need short-term accommodation, like to try local restaurants (and an occasional beer or wine) and probably want to travel a bit, too.
€2000/month is more appropriate for that.

As far as I know, you can stay 90days in the Schengen area (and then need to be away for 90 days), so you'd have to leave for a non-Schengen country (e.g. UK).