Commercial transferred visa Status

Hi Everyone,

I got job offer from trading & contracting company which is operate field of oil & gas

I will work as Process Engineer in this company, the company offer commercial transferred visa for the probationary period ( 90 days) then they will apply for the permanent visa if I pass successfully this period.

Please your advice in this case, may I ask them to apply for permanent visa once I arrive to Kuwait.is it possible in Kuwait law to change commercial visa to permanent visa.

Thanks.

As far as I know not at the moment (officially at least).

As far as I know not at the moment (officially at least).????

Please clarify in details???

Thanks

There is a ban on work permits in effect since April 1st, that's all.

Is the ban including Engineers also.I am Process Engineer I have university certificate.I know that but for labors and non educated people.

Thanks

Unfortunately it applies to all at the moment. Exceptions are likely to be introduced, but right now everyone is affected.

Thank you for your reply.

As I know any company has a permission for a limited number for their new position form the ministry of Labor, do you get my point?????

I do, that was how it used to be, but starting from April 1st there is a complete halt on work permits in Kuwait. I found an older article where they mention that exceptions will be introduced (as I suspected), but so far I haven't heard of it actually happening:
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/kuwait-r … 95628.html

Of course, there is a possibility that your employer might have a way to get around this problem.

What do you think?
Can I ask them to do work visa immediately? but they have 90 days for test????

Actually they will have to, as you cannot stay more than one month (or two months with extension) on a commercial visa (unless you leave the country). I suggest you discuss with them how they are planning it sooner rather than later.
There may be slight differences depending on your country of origin.

Officially you are not allowed to work on a Commercial Visa. To get your work visa you will need to leave the country and re-enter under the new visa.

Thnak you for your response.
Actually I will belong to the company on next August they issued a transferred commercial visa then after three month they will issue my permanent visa according to their job offer, I already got my commercial visa.
my question is there any problem for issuing the permanent visa after I pass the test period.? I am Process Engineer.

Thanks.

Can they issue the work visa instead of commercial visa directly??

Yes, you can get work visa but this takes longer. You need degree attested for example.

What I meant Now I am out site Kuwait and they issued the commercial visa, I will come on next August Can I ask they to issue the work permit directly instead of the current commercial visa???

So, you are currently in Kuwait on a commercial visa. You are leaving Kuwait but coming back on another commercial visa? As I said, it is illegal to work in Kuwait on a commercial visa. It is very dangerous to do so under the present crackdown. You should aim to come back under a work visa - but additional things are needed. Your company should advise. But yes, it should be possible depending on position, qualifications etc