How to protect against mosquitoes in Ghana?

Hello dear members ,
What is the best way to protect against Mosquitoes in Ghana
and the strong mosquito spray against mosquitoes and cockroaches?
someone advised me to use Raid what do you think, is it the best?

I wear long sleeved attire with slacks or long skirts. I also take Larium once a week which is prescribed by my doctor. I spray my rooms with mosquito spray (ELF spray or any other locally sold mosquito spray) every evening and leave the house for about 1 hour before I return due to the spray is very powerful and also kills cockroaches and other pest. I also use a 99% deet spray to use on any exposed parts of my body except my face. Been doing this for 11 years and have yet to get Malaria. At times I give my body a 3 month break from the Larium due to it having so many side effects. An alternative to it is Doxycycline 100mg by mouth every day. It has less side effects but you would have to remember to take it on a daily. Oh, do not even think of any American brand insect spray. They are definitely not strong enough.

Hi,
Thank you nurserecruit for your answer and advice.
Some people are using Mosquito cream? Especially, the local one,every night before to go bed.Did you try it? I'll get your ElF Spray...but could i find your Doxycycline in pharmacy or its only  prescribed by a doctor?

Use a bed net to help at night. Do not use any creams or lotions that are highly scented they are attracted to the smell. 99% deer sprays. Do not leave any pools of wSter sitting around they attrack them. Try citronella candles if u can locate some. Citronella is found in candles as well as lotions and natural insect repellents because it is generally safe.

Hi,
Thank you Jessy,for your advice and info.
I'ill follow your steps.
we're together! cheers.

Doxycycline is a prescription antibiotic easily obtained from a P.C.P. for this specific use if there are not any contraindictions unique to you. I have never heard of the cream. Where can I get that?

You mean 99% DEET sprays. Is Citronella actually powerful enough for the Malaria carrying, sub-Saharan mosquitoes? There is a difference between those and the benign species we have in the U.S.

Hi nurserecruit,
Thank you for your advices and questions.
Hoping you will find some answer.
Cheers!