How to sort out overstay issue with immigration?

Hello,my name is Baba...I'm a Nigerian descent even though I used to live in the U.K before I moved to Ghana last year September.

I came into GH with my Nigerian passport and I was stamped in to stay for  60 days which expired 31st October 2016.

I wasn't sure if I was going to stay here full time as at the time I was coming, but I later made up my mind to stay afterwards...

I live in the Northern region at the moment. I'm planning to even start a business as well but it is almost impossible to do anything (business registration, account opening etc) cos I would need my ID card (The International passport) , and I know they would figure out I have overstayed.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or do you have an idea of how I can sort this out.

Your two penny contribution would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

You will either have to go to Immigration and pay the overstay fee and then leave the country and get a new visa or leave the country and go to Nigeria on a visit and get another visa and when you arrive change it to a resident's permit.
Are you sure you actually need a visa if you ate Nigerian? I thought travellers from ECOWAS countries can travel without one. You need to check

You will need to pay a fine for overstaying the time granted upon entrance.As a Nigerian you don't need a visa and the fine for an Ecowas citizen for overstaying is lower than for other nationals.It's a certain amount per month.After settling that you can apply for a residence permit which will enable you to open a bank account.

This is a question that has been on my mind...
Is it possible to bypass my Ghana overstay and go back to Nigeria by road to acquire a visa and ticket to another country? Or would it get to be a problem on my passport.

@ikechukwu, if you know what to do, and with a little amount, you can get your passport stamped at the border exit gate at Aflao

Pls how did you resolve this?

Thanks

How do I get a resident's permit in Ghana?

You come in on a visitor's visa and then apply for a resident's permit. You will need a sponsor of some kind to act as a sort of guarantor. A resident's permit only allows you to stay in Ghana, it doesn't allow you to work. For that you need an employer who will apply for a work permit on your behalf.

Pls I. Would like to know if, one has to pay the overstay fee before going back to one's country (ECOWAS) or one can easily pay it at the border (for those going by road)?

@Baba101 very informative