Single people

I have been here for three months. I have not meet anyone to hangout with. Where do people go in the evening?
I would love to meet some people to go to movie, dinner etc.
any suggestion?
thanks

Vittoria. Where are you working? Is there somebody there who goes to Happy Hour at a bar, at all? Do you play or watch any sport? There's a big swim-meet tomorrow Saturday at the Public Beach (I think) - 1000 swimming and hundreds hanging around helping and wandering around. It's a bit late now to volunteer to help at it, but you can just go along and see what's happening. There's always something going on that needs volunteers. The Humane Society (dogs and cats) is always desperate for helpers. So is The Pink Ladies, a casual group that runs the kiosk at the George Town Hospital.
Check the Compass for its "What's on" menu.

There is actually a lot going on. Tell me a bit about your interests and I'll see what I can suggest.

Thanks for your suggestions. The issue is also transportation. The bus doesnt run very well at Grand Harbour. I have taken taxis but there are so expensive. I do walk but the lack of sidewalks makes it dangerous. I love the water and today i will check out the swim.

Hey there. I live near Grand Harbour too. I have a few friends associated with work but never mind meeting more. If you want to hang out some time let me know.

Hi there,
I'm considering taking aleap and moving to the Cayman islands. Job offer was for 75k a year. Is that enough to survive and put extra money away to save? Also, I am single and was wondering if it really is that difficult to meet new people?

Hotsan. $75K is plenty. It's easy meeting new people.

For intending arrivals I always recommend they read the magazine Cayman New Resident (Google it) and the relevant posts in my blog Barlow's Cayman (Google, too). Good luck.

Sorry to say it is really difficult for singles and meeting people to hang around with, especially if you are female.  Couples are not generally keen to invite singles to join their friends.  Sad but true x

Vittoria, have you had anymore luck since you posted this?  They finally reopened the bar behind Grand Harbour so at least that's something to do that's close to where you live now.

Hello,
Do not worry.

Try out the tactic of making 'new' friends.Go to common places and share the island news with anyone.Take precaution however as bad people are everywhere.

Just as a joke,you may invite me to join you all the way from africa!

Sincerely,
Robert

Hello,
Take courage brother or sister.

I wish I could get such a job!Go for it and remember us those still searching to get even something lower!

Sincerely,
Robert