Any tips on learning the Polish language?

I wanted to share my story. 2 years ago, I was blessed with my Andrzej. He is the sweetest, kindest, man I have ever met. We are now planning our Big Fat American- Polish wedding. :-D Any tips on learning the Polish language?  It is important for me to be able to communicate with his parents, especially his mother.

Hello Truthful1.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Poland forum as the other one was old.

The Classes section (Language classes) in the Poland classifieds could help. You can try to post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Truthful ;-)
First of all - congrats to you and your Andrzej ;-)
As a native speaker of Polish I must tell you - I'm impressed by your will to learn Polish, it's one of the toughest languages to acquire.
I think that the very first tip I should give is: do not get discouraged when you see a word you don't know how to pronounce or when something seems to be too difficult. Polish is a highly inflectional language but don't worry - we love when foreigners make an attempt to say something, even if they make many mistakes. At first try to memorize some basic words and don't think much about things like gender, case etc. You can always ask your partner to help you ;-)
Should you have any questions just ask me :)