Any scottish people living in poland

Hi all.

Ive have been living in Poland (lodz) for about 8 months now and although I have met a few foreign nationals I have yet to meet any Scots. Surely i can not be the only  one?

Hi kevin coll!

A longer introduction could help maybe ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Kevin,
         Don't worry your not.  I've been living in Poland for 2 years and where I am in Tarnow am the only Scot in the village.  How are you finding Poland?

Im enjoying my time here, just worried about losing my accent as i need to speak in proper english to be understood. But aye lodz is a good city except cant get irn bru or wine :(
Nice to meet a fellow scot, what brings you to poland?.

I know what you mean about the accent! Moved here with my polish husband and my 2 kids in 2010. He  got home sick and thought why not, weather is better!! What are you doing in lodz?

sandie25 wrote:

I know what you mean about the accent! Moved here with my polish husband and my 2 kids in 2010. He  got home sick and thought why not, weather is better!! What are you doing in lodz?

yeah the weather here is great, in the summer months, and very little rain compared to Scotland :) i came here with my girlfriend, but some times find it hard to adjust. how you getting on with the language? i know someone who speaks both Japanese and polish, and says they are about the same difficulty to learn.
where in scotland are you from? if you dont mind me asking.

I find the language really hard.... technically I've been learning for 7 years and can still only say hi!! I understand a lot more than I speak, which really isn't much help when you want to ask for something. Miss home a lot some days but got to keep thinking its better here, minus the friends and family.  Am from the Scottish Borders.  Where are you from?  You managing to work out here? Am hoping to start some kind of teaching in September.

Hi Kevin and Sandie, I'm Ewan! Just moved to Pleszew (90km from Poznan) a month ago. Loving it so far but getting seriously confused trying to get work! Can you help me regards registering for work - like what do I need from Scotland and what do I need to do here? A woman is very interested in hiring me as a native speaker but cant till I get this sorted.

Hey guys, I'm an exchange student living here in Lodz. Right now I'm working at Polonus which is a language school for expats basically. I think if you wanna get help with the Polish application forms or the language, you can come over and they can help make it easier.
polonus-lodz.com/home.html

Hi Kevin,

We are moving to Lodz, from Glasgow. My husband is already there, whilst I am still here sorting out our move and what to bring. It'd be great to connect and meet up for drinks when we are there.

Cheers.

Hi Guys.  I am from Sweden and have lived in Lodz for a while. I look for expats, English speaking, maybe meet for a drink and talk.

Peter

hi im living at the moment in holland, but looking to move to poland with miy girlfriend, any advice or information would be fine ,ive been there on several occassions for holidays and taking a look around , im 45 so no idea how easy or difficult it is there to find work for non polish speaking person, dutch and english is no problem of course but my polish is very limited.
do you need any special papers,documents  to register ect?
thanks already,
Ian

We are Scotish by way of Nova Scotia to US to Lodz. Are you working here in Poland?