Wanting to move back to Poland

Hi guys,
I'm new here, but I've been looking through these forums for a while now. Since I have been considering moving back to Poland, I think that these forums is a great way to get feedback and advice from so many veteran Expats.

Let me give you a bit of a background on me. I'm of Polish descent, but my parents ended up moving out to Canada when I was about 10 years old. I never really wanted to move out, even when I was a kid, and that feeling has stayed with me throughout my whole life. I was fortunate enough to study in Canada at the University of Toronto in the field of Electrical Engineering. I didn't really know what I wanted to do until my final year at the University. I ended up specializing in Energy and Power. I realized I wanted to be part of something that benefits people, and power seemed like a necessity in human life.

I'm also fortunate I have a dual citizenship (Polish-Canadian), and still know Polish at a fluent level.In the mean time I'm trying to learn a few more languages, such as German and Norwegian.

Please feel free to leave a comment or any future advise!

Thank you in advance!

Hi jakubj,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Hi jacubj,
If you haven't done so already, then check out job sites in Poland to give you a good idea of wages etc.. such as;
www.polandjobs77.comwww.monsterpolska.plwww.pracuj.pl
I came across http://www.oilcareers.com/regions/737/P … oblist.asp  There's probably more you can find through Google
Also I would be looking at rent and living costs too. I'm not sure on those kind of things in Canada but here in Warsaw it is cheaper than where I'm from in the UK.
I don't speak fluent Polish so I'm having problems in finding work here for myself. So you have a huge advantage, especially if you become fluent in another language.

powodzenia

Big firms like IBM, Shell (if one doesn't boycott them) and Google have many staff who don't speak Polish and they work in English.

jakubj wrote:

Hi guys,
I'm new here, but I've been looking through these forums for a while now. Since I have been considering moving back to Poland, I think that these forums is a great way to get feedback and advice from so many veteran Expats.

Let me give you a bit of a background on me. I'm of Polish descent, but my parents ended up moving out to Canada when I was about 10 years old. I never really wanted to move out, even when I was a kid, and that feeling has stayed with me throughout my whole life. I was fortunate enough to study in Canada at the University of Toronto in the field of Electrical Engineering. I didn't really know what I wanted to do until my final year at the University. I ended up specializing in Energy and Power. I realized I wanted to be part of something that benefits people, and power seemed like a necessity in human life.

I'm also fortunate I have a dual citizenship (Polish-Canadian), and still know Polish at a fluent level.In the mean time I'm trying to learn a few more languages, such as German and Norwegian.

Please feel free to leave a comment or any future advise!

Thank you in advance!

Hello! What about you? Did you decide to move to Poland?:)